PDA

View Full Version : Connected...?

Mark D
12-21-2002, 12:26 PM
Has anyone ever thought of the Parabol/Parabola and Intermission/jimmy connection? Maybe Parabol is just designed to be an intermission to Lateralus.

animantra
01-08-2003, 10:00 PM
The nature of an intermission is to provide a period of time during which one can take a break from the entertainment and later return, ready for more. When I hear Parabol/a play, an intermission is the last thing on my mind. In fact, it's one of the most envigorating and uplifting tracks on the album.

As to the correlation to intermission/jimmy...I don't see one.

Convoy_X
01-30-2003, 09:37 AM
I see "Parabol" as the intro to "Parabola" they are one song on 2 tracks, why i can say maybee thay just liked it that way. as for "intermission/jimmy" i think that Tool just needed some tracks to put "Aenima" at 13. then you could try and aply the numberolgy thing to all this....

Spiralman
02-04-2003, 02:44 AM
Originally posted by Convoy_X
I see "Parabol" as the intro to "Parabola" they are one song on 2 tracks, why i can say maybee thay just liked it that way. as for "intermission/jimmy" i think that Tool just needed some tracks to put "Aenima" at 13. then you could try and aply the numberolgy thing to all this....

I don't buy the numberology deal. I still think that this album and possibly Lateralus as well synch up with some film. Anyone ever seen anything good?

Convoy_X
02-04-2003, 07:00 AM
i dont go for that numberolgy crap eather but i see a lot of people do so i thought one of them might have something to say about that.

neveragain
02-04-2003, 07:06 AM
I'll have to agree with the small masses here, and say that I think Parabol stands on it's own just fine. I made a mix cd, and threw parabol in there, and I love it by itself, it's kind of cool when it cuts out with that crescendo? at the end.