PDA

View Full Version : second guitarist on bootleg

ohshuashua
01-03-2004, 08:54 PM
i was watching a bootleg from 1994 in london when tool was playing intolerance, and i think there was a second guitarist playing with them. i didn't see him much because the camera focused on maynard, but when the camera went over to adam, you could see a guy with a guitar strapped on standing behind adams amps. anyone seen this vid? any ideas who the second guitaristtt could be?

LabRat404
02-08-2004, 06:26 PM
He was probably a roadie tuning Adam's other guitars ... though I saw Tool in concert back in August of 2002, and i never saw Adam use a guitar other than the one he came out with.

AllforUnity
02-12-2004, 07:59 AM
Well that could very well be it...because that was 8 years ago, and Adam could have been using different guitars. :/ Who knows? l'm going to look into it. Where did you find it?

LabRat404
02-15-2004, 04:19 PM
I know now that adam uses Gibson Les Pauls

lysegicevolution
02-07-2005, 10:28 PM
I know now that adam uses Gibson Les Pauls

adam has a rare les paul custom with metallic green burst, the paint had an affect on the sound so the guitars were discontinued...................................... ...he also uses a gibson sg and an acoustic in lateralus,.................................and a silver burst les paul for playing prison sex live.................

IC
02-08-2005, 06:27 AM
adam has a rare les paul custom with metallic green burst, the paint had an affect on the sound so the guitars were discontinued...................................... ...he also uses a gibson sg and an acoustic in lateralus,.................................and a silver burst les paul for playing prison sex live.................
I think the silver burst is the primary. but back in 94, where he would play prison sex much more often, (in dropped B tunning) there would probebly be a guy tuning his guitars. These days, D is most of what he needs.

SaturnAscends
02-25-2005, 09:15 AM
It is more than likely that it could be Tom Morello from rage/audioslave. Remember that back then, tool was good friends with rage and played lollapalooza with them. Remember, Danny and Maynard played in know your enemy live with them. It is quite the possibility that Tom Morello stepped out with Tool. Also, at that time and prior.. Adam Jones was giving Tom Morello guitar lessons.

Chris_Brightwell
02-25-2005, 02:23 PM
Adam didn't give Tom lessons. They played together in high school.

According to distortiononline, no one did a guest guitar spot with Tool at either London show in '94. Justin Chancellor (then with Peach) did a spot on Sober, though, which is quite fun to watch.

NOeggs23
05-03-2005, 10:33 AM
i thought tom taught adam

Raev'n
05-04-2005, 02:25 PM
Adam didn't give Tom lessons. They played together in high school.

Chris_Brightwell
05-04-2005, 05:11 PM
Problem?

Raev'n
05-04-2005, 05:52 PM
Nope. It wouldn't let me just post the quote.

conor moore
08-12-2007, 05:58 AM
king buzzo

Carny_Handles
05-25-2008, 10:48 PM
I think the silver burst is the primary. but back in 94, where he would play prison sex much more often, (in dropped B tunning) there would probebly be a guy tuning his guitars. These days, D is most of what he needs.

. This is probably the reason for the guitar tech.