PDA

View Full Version : Techno translated to rock?

nthistogether
01-03-2004, 02:24 PM
I'm not a musician, don't know anything about it. But I got this idea one time when I was higher than high.

Could you 'cover' a techno song with rock instruments? I think that would be cool as hell. Let me explain.

I was listening to Paul Oakenfold - Ready Steady Go while playing Tiger Woods PGA Golf 2003. That's what started me out thinking about it. Use this song if you have no idea what I'm talking about. But you can kind of pick out sounds that could be played with an instrument. High pitched noises that could be played on guitar, lower dun dun dun stuff that could be played with a bass, drum sounds, etc.

That's all I'll say for now, I'll wait for somebody to yay or nay the idea. Personally, I think it would sound bad ace.

mourningstar
01-03-2004, 05:15 PM
of course you could. wasn't most of all Nine Inch Nails' records done on a computer and then translated to instruments for the live shows?

whalethesecond
01-13-2004, 01:59 AM
well, a madcore Australian band called Cog did Open up by Public Image Ltd.. It's brilliant live, and they releasd it as a maxi single.
www.tpa.net.au/artists/cog/cog_bio.htm

this link has a little window that plays Open Up for you

Seven Deep
01-16-2004, 12:39 PM
I've wanted to make "Cowgirl" by Underworld into a rock song for a long time. And have the guitarist recreate the crazy arpeggiating synth line.

Matteran
01-16-2004, 02:23 PM
some friends and i recreated the Strong Bad Techno song while being hungover one morning. That was pretty cool.

Hurter Vileslay
01-16-2004, 03:50 PM
How about Dillinger Escape Plan's cover of Come to Daddy by Aphex Twin?

Peon
01-18-2004, 05:52 PM
Was in a band that did a cover of I'll Fly With You by Gigi D'agostino.

pushthis
01-18-2004, 06:24 PM
I was in a band that basically was exactly what you are talking about.

There was a drummer, a keyboardist, and two bass players. There was one bassist who took care of the low end and I played bass with a multi-effects pedal, making all kinds of noises that didn't sound much like bass at all. We played techno-style music that we wrote ourselves. It was the shit. I thought so anyway. So much fun to play.

(technomusicissupersweet)