PDA

View Full Version : My Story

IC
01-02-2004, 02:41 PM
this doesnt really have much to do with the songs meaning or anything, but this is my experiance with the song.

i had started a band a few years ago and had heard this live version of intolerance before i had even heard the album version. then i heard that, and my rock band had deteriorated into a punk band. i had to leave, but we were playing our school's grad party. although i would have to play green day and blink, i thought to make the best of it, and taught our guitarist intolerance. the bass player never had heard it, and when we went to play it live, he still had no idea what was going on, so he put down his volume to 2 and jammed on d.
meanwhile, our guitarist had this really high pitched squeeling voice, and he didnt know the words. so i had to sing, and play drums. luckly, intolerance isnt danny's most difficult song to play, but it was tricky to do it and sing. I would nt have done any of this mind you today, but this was in 8th grade. anyway i dedicated the song to this girl i liked..or was it the creep she had just left? it was fun to see the confused look on peoples faces, wondering who the song's meaning was actually going to..anyway, i got to go out with the girl and play a tool song before i left the band.

.........and then I found five dollars

The Grudge
01-10-2004, 06:52 PM
I love finding money.

Undertolerance
01-12-2004, 12:20 PM
That it is quite the interesting story there man, go you for finding five bucks. That is certainly an interesting song for a "fledgling" band to play. I myself was in a band for about 2 years when I was in high school, this was 2000. We never were much into playing covers so that was nice, but we liked to intertain the idea of playing some Tool song. Although we could never figure out which one to play. Anywho to make a long story short we never played any Tool songs and the band dissolved after the drummer left, that and the guitarist slept with my girlfriend. Which obviously made it quite difficult to stay in the band. I am also hoping to start another currenty.
....And I didn't find 5 bucks.

IC
01-18-2004, 06:16 PM
you know, your story is much better than mine..though the ending needs work. how about, if you really couldnt have found five bucks, maybe you could say "and then I stabbed him"

AllforUnity
01-23-2004, 12:31 PM
True.

Undertolerance
02-18-2004, 09:22 PM
LOL. That would surely add the clencher, but I am not that way. Nor do I like to mess around like that, short of being with my good friends. But thank you for the advice. =)

AllforUnity
02-19-2004, 07:42 AM
Damn...that would have made it alot more interesting.