PDA

View Full Version : Smoke Box? Sound wave?

48&2
12-20-2002, 06:42 PM
I was browsing the internet the other day looking for photoshop tutorials, I found a tutorial for a sound wave.
Check this out at:

http://www.bluesfear.com/tutorials/soundwave.htm

Look a bit familiar? To me it looks similar to the Ænima 'smoke box'......could the smoke box really be a sound wave?....the soundwave on the Ænima cover has horizontal frequencies as well maybe meaning 'getting more than just a frequency or sound, but rather getting something you didnt expect from the CD' (kind of like the HWAP thing)...I hope im making sense....i'm probably way off but hey, its an opinion

@ out!

crow011
12-20-2002, 06:48 PM
shit, dood, i can totally see where youre coming from! . . .

and i really dig it, too . . .

peace and blessed be . . .

crow011 . . .

dan
12-21-2002, 10:56 AM
looks similar, although the smoke box was more painted and less filtered, if you take my meaning.

nice find, though.

aneerudh
12-22-2002, 02:27 PM
nice catch man. It seems a slightly uncanny match, but id be relctant to say the smoke box is quite a sound wave. Personally, the smoke box in a way signifies a burning desire (yes, it is a bit absurd) though, thats not your point. Anyway, nice catch.

kukuelani
01-19-2003, 09:32 AM
I always saw the smokebox image to kind of be like a TV. Tell-a-vision as I like to call it. Don't necessarily see where that would come into play on Ænima, except that the boys are telling their side of things. Hmmmm...

pneuma i
02-08-2003, 03:18 PM
i don't think its supposed to "represent" anything. I thinks it's just another one of Adam's wonderfully kickass sculptures...