PDA

View Full Version : What i think of the song Schism

x7 Lateralus 7x
01-01-2004, 10:11 PM
"I know the pieces fit...cuz i've watched them fall away..."
-tool

I know that too, some pices can be fitted together... most of the
pieces of our life arent suppose to fit..if so it would be a sin, its forbidden, it creates a deformity in our lives.

The only way to find the right pieces is to change ur way of communication.
acting without understanding leads to chaos...death, it leads to loneliness, it allows the silent dissonance to drive u crazy, makes u realize that nothing matters anymore.
it makes our cuts and scars make sense. They were put there to mark a new era, to mark the days of a better understanding, to mark the days of our superior strength to the more ignorant dipshits. it marks the day of which fate has drawn out the perfect puzzle, with the perfect pieces.

...plz if u have any comments about my thoughts of this song, reply to me.

IC
01-02-2004, 01:20 PM
thats interesting, i think however a more basic Idea of the song, yet your interpretation definatly pulls forward some good points. there is an imbalance, and the cutting between the norm definatly has many sideeffects. Nothing is ever a clean, black and white cut, but those small little inperfections, and splinters that plunder our lives. I think i'll put my view on a different thread

x7 Lateralus 7x
01-08-2004, 04:01 PM
thank u for ur opinion, i'll think harder about this song =)

Triangular_Vision
01-12-2004, 12:13 AM
"I know the pieces fit...cuz i've watched them fall away..."
-tool

I know that too, some pices can be fitted together... most of the
pieces of our life arent suppose to fit..if so it would be a sin, its forbidden, it creates a deformity in our lives.

The only way to find the right pieces is to change ur way of communication.
acting without understanding leads to chaos...death, it leads to loneliness, it allows the silent dissonance to drive u crazy, makes u realize that nothing matters anymore.
it makes our cuts and scars make sense. They were put there to mark a new era, to mark the days of a better understanding, to mark the days of our superior strength to the more ignorant dipshits. it marks the day of which fate has drawn out the perfect puzzle, with the perfect pieces.

...plz if u have any comments about my thoughts of this song, reply to me.

Very good thoughts indeed, but unfortunately, it is almost that very same way of thinking that the idea schism holds is trying to stop. When every piece fits and you are at "oneness" with the universe, you are at your most holy and highest state of being. This allows you to act without thinking for yourself, but rather thinking as a whole with the collective conciouse(spelling?)

p.s. dissonance means loud and unblending sounds

x7 Lateralus 7x
01-18-2004, 10:59 AM
i know what dissonance means

"cold silence has, a tendency to, atrophy any, sense of compassion"
somtimes it doesnt even have to be sound, for it to be a disturbing .....sound haha, sometimes being secluded is as bad as any disturbing noise?

x7 Lateralus 7x
01-18-2004, 11:01 AM
AND BY THE WAY, IF U HAVENT WATCHED THE SCHISM VIDEO, WATCH IT. look for things that involve communication, ears, mouths, movements, writing....etc....good video =D

Theodagoth
02-18-2004, 07:30 PM
First off, dissonance simply means disharmony. so technically it is unblending sounds but can be so much more. Second, I believe the song has a lot to do with hypocricy in religions. I cannot quite explain my opinion, but it's what i feel when i listen to the song. The whole concept of the song does honestly apply to any situation we face. Religion, lack of communication, love, stuff like that. I could ramble more, but i dont feel like im making much sense a little tired right now.

INNER_STRUGGLE
02-20-2004, 11:26 AM
the song is a testimony to everyday life. the song itself means seperation. Life is a multitude of seperations of one form or another

g-bay-be
02-21-2004, 08:05 AM
I see the song as this. "the decline of the american household." Todays homes are full of single parents who work all day. and now kids are becoming more envolved in school. So there has been a break down of communication between family members. This extends farther out. The reason most realationships end is due to a lack of communication whether it be keeping secrets or hiding things. So once you lose communication you start to see things fall apart. whether it be your realationship with your family, your marriage, or what ever it may be

x7 Lateralus 7x
02-24-2004, 07:09 AM
i used the words "silent dissnosance" as an oxymoron
example:
civil war
silent screams
duh xD

Luna Galapogos
02-27-2004, 05:54 PM
We cannot even fit the pieces of our thoughts here on this site. A site dedicated to people's opinions. This part of the site in itself proves that we cannot "stay in line." We are so different from each other that there is nothing we can do to make ourselves ever come to a place that would allow us to ascend or regain any communication that we used to have. Think of the government, that in of itself proves our inability to communicate. We are lost and squandering. We will always stay that way if we only rely on ourselves. Of course these are all my opinions. But I don't think that because we like TOOL, or because we think about analyzing their lyrics, that we are better than anybody else. There are some stupid people in the world I'll admit, in fact, we're all stupid. Notice that we are all trying to correct each other, we all think that everybody else is stupid. The only difference is that with some people we allow ourselves to give respect, but others we have no ounce of respect for. The puzzle will never come back together if we try to do it without a higher power, (God). That is my opinion anyway.

"If nothing else kills you, breathing will."