PDA

View Full Version : Circle of Flaming Eyes?

The Grudge
01-01-2004, 05:48 PM
On the cover there is a circle of flaming eyes....I also have a tool shirt that has that artwork on the back, I discussed this with a friend and the best we could come up with was that it represents the collective unconscious, but I would love to hear some ideas.

Windir
01-02-2004, 07:40 AM
It's just a circle (something that never ends) in the line of eyes (flaming eyes to be precise).

Nothing more, nothing less... very cool, none-the-less.

The Grudge
01-04-2004, 11:42 AM
I noticed it was a circle of flaming eyes, but do you think it could be a symbol of something? Any ideas?

IC
01-09-2004, 06:01 PM
circlular saw

some sort of blade with sight, knowledge is the most powerful weapon

SiGuy
02-05-2004, 06:47 PM
i've heard tell that the cd print is meant to resemble a rip-saw blade, like a table saw. and that the eyes are just people seeing the effect(this doesn't make much sense but listen for a sec) the interesting part is that it spins backwards from a saw should, the cd itself was to promote anti-nihilsm or self-improvement. or so they say

timifendrix
02-08-2004, 07:58 PM
I think maybe the eyes mean awareness, and the circle means never ending, so, like all awareness is connecting and perpetual

Eric_nelson30
02-21-2004, 09:50 AM
Well, what exactly do the flamming eyes mean by themself, because they're not always shown in a circular arragement.

Rossaroni
02-24-2004, 09:29 PM
Well, here's what I think. When you look at the eyes that are on the first page, you can see that they reside on certain places on the man on the second page. The one that intrigues me the most is the one on the hand--the fingers that are bent mean something, but I don't know what. Anyone have a clue?

Anyways, I suspect that the eyes represent perception, nothing fancy there. As to the circle...yes, a sawblade is what it came across as to me as well, and it's interesting that it's spinning the wrong way. Perhaps if someone span it the right way...? Ehh, probably just wishful thinking.

Peaceful Moments
02-27-2004, 03:42 PM
Well this is would I found on www.alexgrey.com.
"The Sawblade representing the foundation of our being,
prior to physical reality, as emptiness and awareness."
So this is the actual meaning of it. Alex Grey is so cool.
Want to read it for yourself? http://cu2so4.com/a/2l/3.html
Spiral out...keep going....