PDA

View Full Version : juxtaposation of TOOL and APC

revolver_7
12-20-2002, 09:08 AM
Maybe some people already posted this idea of mine but i'm too lazy to look around to see if anyone posted this same interpretation of schism.

Maynard probably wrote this down when people were comparing APC to TOOL (Juxtaposation) all the time (which one was better, is this maynard's side project, etc.).

He felt the resentments of all the band members from both sides, he got frustrated and all the animosities were bringing TOOL to the edge of splitting up. They weren't communicating and writing together.

some event led all sides to an agreement and they shared custody of Maynard, and APC gets maynard on the weekends and holidays or something.

drum_dood
12-28-2002, 07:12 AM
yeah in another thread this was already discussed...um...i personally think you could be right, or else maybe the song's about losing communication with a lover (that was another idea in the other thread)...

48&2
01-12-2003, 10:08 PM
wow someone has just learnt the meaning of juxtaposition!

Jack Handy
02-06-2003, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by 48&2
wow someone has just learnt the meaning of juxtaposition!

learnt? how about learning to spell? some grammar wont hurt either. jk

inane
02-09-2003, 12:31 AM
This may have been a catalyst for the song, but I get the feeling that their songs' meanings lie much deeper than that.

PS_undertow
02-13-2003, 07:17 PM
I have to say that I find this interpretation the most accurate. It's crazy, you seem to have hit the nail right on the head. (of course, no one but maynard himself can say for sure, but still, brilliant interpretation)

Phosphoros
02-20-2003, 06:31 PM
This is not an interperation, but it's something Maynard sayd about this song it's on a Bootleg I bought, from a concert in Paris (It's named "no inbeteable odds"). Anyway, before they do anything he says: "this song is about survival"

ObviousParadox
02-22-2003, 09:46 AM
it would be kind of eerie to write a song about when you're band would have troubles....very sad, looking at it that way makes it sound much more depressing....