PDA

View Full Version : Made By Myself

Darkend Feeling
12-27-2003, 08:30 PM
This is something I did today with my Christmas present, the Mbox and ProTools... I'm really impressed so far.

http://www.angelfire.com/music5/musicbymyself/Untitled.mp3

It kind of reminds me of NIN and the drums at the end sound a little like Meshuggah. I did all of this myself today and I hope you like it.

Please give me some feedback as to what you like/dislike about it. I know the bass is kinda loud at the beggining, but it gets to sounding good at the end, I think. I also need a name for the song, so if you have any suggestions, please suggest them.

Enjoy!

deviatedwolf625
12-27-2003, 09:27 PM
very very cool intro. Is the third instrument to come in a bass or a guitar?

I like the bass taking the melody right before halfway through it.

Nice effects on the drums.

I like the groove.

All of these sound a little tinny ... not quite real? Especially the guitar about 3/4 of the way through it, which sounds like it's coming through an old radio.

As a name, Tin?

Planning on adding lyrics to it?

Darkend Feeling
12-27-2003, 09:45 PM
very very cool intro. Is the third instrument to come in a bass or a guitar?
It's a guitar with some kind of effect that I don't remember the name of on it.

I like the bass taking the melody right before halfway through it.
It was purely by chance. Belive it or not, I had no idea what I was going to play, I just wanted to try out my Christmas present, so I was playing all of this on the fly... it just so happend that I couldn't think of anything else to play on the guitar at that point. I'm glad it happened that way now.

Nice effects on the drums.
Reason seems to be a most excellent program so far.

I like the groove.

All of these sound a little tinny ... not quite real? Especially the guitar about 3/4 of the way through it, which sounds like it's coming through an old radio.
When I play the guitar or bass without any plugin they sound funky. The bass in all but the intro is just bass, with nothing added. The guitar has some weird lead effect through most of the latter parts of the song, and it's done through a plug-in that is a demo; maybe that's why it sounds tinny to you, however you might want to check your levels on your speakers, because it sounds fine to me.

As a name, Tin?
It doesn't sound tinny to me... lets see if others hear it.

Planning on adding lyrics to it?
I'm not a lyricist and I don't think I have the voice for it... I'll leave that up to a singer if I ever get one.

m4yn4rd
12-27-2003, 10:19 PM
sa-weet stuff. Sounds really cool, and yea the beginning sounds like some NIN stuff, I like the pattern near the end you got going with the bass and the drum. keep up the good work

Darkend Feeling
12-27-2003, 10:27 PM
Thank you very much. Tell everyone you know!

Darkend Feeling
12-28-2003, 09:21 PM
So... 29 views and only 2 replies? That sucks. Come on people, I put this up here to see what you think. Now get to thinking about my music!

deviatedwolf625
12-28-2003, 09:26 PM
Dood, that's typical in TDN records. It's irking too.

I'ma start posting my songs as polls so maybe I'll get more hits on a very basic "cool sounding" or "not so cool sounding" and get people to post why?

Arg. I want to get out and fucking perform.

m4yn4rd
12-28-2003, 09:31 PM
Dood, that's typical in TDN records. It's irking too.

I'ma start posting my songs as polls so maybe I'll get more hits on a very basic "cool sounding" or "not so cool sounding" and get people to post why?

Arg. I want to get out and fucking perform.

knowing this place, you'll just get flamed

Darkend Feeling
12-28-2003, 09:35 PM
I wouldn't mind getting out there and playing, exept I don't have a band and all of my friends just plain suck. One of them that plays bass is coming over Tuesday so we can play, but I'll probably just end up teaching him the scales and technique.

I admit that sometimes I'll not listen to people's songs and I now realize how irritating it can be to try and get something heard. From now on I'll listen to everyone else's stuff.... when I have time........ right after all these songs get done downloading........

BTW, it seems that people just plain don't come in the TDN records section like they do Arts and Letters, but I could be wrong.

deviatedwolf625
12-28-2003, 09:47 PM
Yeah, they don't. Socialize is the huge section of TDN, it's got most of the posts.

Heh, too bad you're in tennessee, I'm in the same boat pretty much.

Choler
01-05-2004, 05:56 PM
Overall this is a pretty good peice, the intro is golden don't change a thing! I think you should stick with the sound of the guitar you had at the beginning instead of switching to the distortion or high gain effect, because it makes it sound muddy, or I could be a complete idiot. you seem to be off on a little things, which of course you can fix because from the sound of it you were improving. Well done.

layersbeyondimagination
01-10-2004, 07:51 PM
decent. pretty cool techno' feel i guess you can say. its different which is always good. lay some good vocals on that and itll be alrite. i dunno if its what you wanted but the way the guitar sounds is kinda weird.

for a name.. how about underground cause you can always feel the bass if you got a woofer on which is what the song kinda revolves around... the bass.

Jebus
01-14-2004, 02:19 AM
er...i think I downloaded this...i downloaded a song off tdn records...the artists name on the mp3 is 'jamie puckett' i assume that's you?...if not just disregard everything I say...

yeah anyway....the intro is all good...just the rhythm just kinda grabs you....then the middle kinda lost me....but the end was cool...

...perhaps you need something in the middle, maybe some samples or something...

The_Naked_Stalk
01-14-2004, 12:30 PM
The interesting rhythmic patterns in the second half of the tune are somewhat redeeming, but overall I didn't like it. Not my taste. There's no motion in the song. It doesn't go anywhere. It's a couple of rock/metal riffs strung together over drum loops.

I'm truly sorry if I've offended you. It hurts when you get your music critiqued negatively, but I feel like the greater disservice is to be dishonest to you. If you didn't get it from me you would get it from someone else, and they might not be as nice as I'm trying to be. So take comfort in the fact that at least you're doing something, and you had the gumption to stick it out there. You're light years ahead of a lot of people.

Elgyn
01-14-2004, 04:37 PM
Not bad at all.
I like the bassline intro, but the guitar is a little stunted. It sounds like you're improvising though, and you certainly don't do a bad job at that.

I like the drum effects you've got going (the kick, snare, highhat), are they standard with program?

I really like the distorted part, and the drum beat you've got going with that. If you just did this in one day, well I'd have to say it's pretty damn good.

Keep it up, and show us more.

edit: Don't be disheartened by the lack of responses, that's pretty standard stuff in this section

Darkend Feeling
01-14-2004, 04:53 PM
Not bad at all.
I like the bassline intro, but the guitar is a little stunted. It sounds like you're improvising though, and you certainly don't do a bad job at that.

I like the drum effects you've got going (the kick, snare, highhat), are they standard with program?

I really like the distorted part, and the drum beat you've got going with that. If you just did this in one day, well I'd have to say it's pretty damn good.

Keep it up, and show us more.

edit: Don't be disheartened by the lack of responses, that's pretty standard stuff in this section

Thank you very much. You are correct that I was improvising. Even the beloved bass line was an improvisation. All of the drum sounds come standard with Reason, which came with the Pro Tools stuff.

I just finished an eight and one half minute song that has taken me a little over a week to finish. It reminds me a lot of something off Opeth's Damnation album. I would like to post it and get some thoughts on it, but I'm afraid no one would bother to try and download a long song like that. What do you think?

Choler
01-14-2004, 05:09 PM
Post it please.

Paladin
01-14-2004, 07:19 PM
i fucking love your bass sound, um, i dont like that little zither of static that comes every bar...umm...cool song though. not quite really good, i can tell you didnt try toooo much.

Darkend Feeling
01-14-2004, 07:22 PM
Post it please.

Ok, I did it. Now go and praise it.

PS - I found out what that little hissing was, and in all of my future recordings, it will be fixed.

reddish
01-14-2004, 07:27 PM
I just posted to say that paladin does not what he's speaking about. Static is good.

The song is okay it doesn't really do any thing/go anywhere though. It has a wandering feeling to it, still good though. I'm not a music critic though so don't listen to that.

The point is I like the static.

Paladin
01-14-2004, 07:29 PM
hey, i know what im talking about, im a noise artist, there is a zitther of noise that bothers me, would you like me to have put 'in my opinion'? jessssis.

Hurter Vileslay
01-16-2004, 04:42 AM
Not bad at all

Is Pro Tools good? I'm thinking of getting a DIGI002, but I'm not sure if I should get the full version of Reason as well. there isnt anything saying what features are missed out (from the adapted version) on the Digidesign or Propellerheads websites

Darkend Feeling
01-16-2004, 01:27 PM
Not bad at all

Is Pro Tools good? I'm thinking of getting a DIGI002, but I'm not sure if I should get the full version of Reason as well. there isnt anything saying what features are missed out (from the adapted version) on the Digidesign or Propellerheads websites

I'm enjoying Pro Tools a lot so far. Reason is pretty nice too, but I'm not sure what the difference is between adapted and the full version, but I do know that Reason adapted works with Pro Tools... so maybe that has something to do with it.

Hurter Vileslay
01-16-2004, 03:31 PM
I do know that Reason adapted works with Pro Tools... so maybe that has something to do with it.
normal Reason will work with Pro Tools as well (uses Rewire protocol, and this is supported in Pro Tools LE 6+)