PDA

View Full Version : This track's relationship to Aenima and Third Eye

PRNinja23
12-27-2003, 07:20 PM
The opening of the Third Eye or any spiritual experience of "seeing the light" requires the release (or uptake?) of negative ions - where mental suffering is converted into emotional pain. The spirituality underlying all religions is fundementally the same across the entire human race. At least that is my belief. This was written about in William James's "Varieties of Religious Experience." These experiences usually happen through great emotional outlet.

For many, this outlet comes in the form of crying. Crying has an effect on the chemistry of the brain, which I suppose has something to do with ions. Chemistry isn't for me, I'd drive myself more insane than I already am.

I haven't had my Eye open, but I have had profound spiritual experiences through crying. For me they were tears that "I could have cried; I should have cried..." at a young age, but instead I developed defenses to comfort myself. I imagined an unjust world at which I was the center, the victim of the wrongdoings of others.

I still think I am a victim from day to day, but it comes a lot less as a result of crying those tears, releasing the negative ions. This, for me, is the explanation behind the storm sounds during this song. I lived most of my life under a dark cloud and my life only started improving when I got honest (therapy and journaling) and started crying those old tears.

I believe this also relates the the previous track, where he is "praying for rain." He's praying that people wake up to their blindness (this would be a spiritual, subjective third eye blindness) and realize that we have so much more to live for than what other people think of us or our desire to control people.

"It has been the authorities who have attempted to comfort us..."

Open your mind... Eventually you might open your Eye.

kemgoz
01-11-2004, 03:18 PM
negative ions pictures in my brain like a robot -termiantor- is lying on a field, it's rainy. (flood of aenema?) and robots eye is fading down, dying.. as terminators. 15th track, third eye'll make those eyes opened.. at least i feel so.

Lord Fongo
04-15-2004, 04:52 PM
The opening of the Third Eye or any spiritual experience of "seeing the light" requires the release (or uptake?) of negative ions - where mental suffering is converted into emotional pain. The spirituality underlying all religions is fundementally the same across the entire human race. At least that is my belief. This was written about in William James's "Varieties of Religious Experience." These experiences usually happen through great emotional outlet.

For many, this outlet comes in the form of crying. Crying has an effect on the chemistry of the brain, which I suppose has something to do with ions. Chemistry isn't for me, I'd drive myself more insane than I already am.

I haven't had my Eye open, but I have had profound spiritual experiences through crying. For me they were tears that "I could have cried; I should have cried..." at a young age, but instead I developed defenses to comfort myself. I imagined an unjust world at which I was the center, the victim of the wrongdoings of others.

I still think I am a victim from day to day, but it comes a lot less as a result of crying those tears, releasing the negative ions. This, for me, is the explanation behind the storm sounds during this song. I lived most of my life under a dark cloud and my life only started improving when I got honest (therapy and journaling) and started crying those old tears.

I believe this also relates the the previous track, where he is "praying for rain." He's praying that people wake up to their blindness (this would be a spiritual, subjective third eye blindness) and realize that we have so much more to live for than what other people think of us or our desire to control people.

"It has been the authorities who have attempted to comfort us..."

Open your mind... Eventually you might open your Eye.

Whoa...brilliant thinking, PRNinja. I totally agree with you on that. Your opinion gives me a new perspective on this little interlude following "Aenima". Good thoughts. Brilliant indeed.

AllforUnity
04-16-2004, 11:42 AM
The Collective Unconscious is also known as the Third Eye. Crowley was all about the unlocking of the Collective Unconscious and opening his Third Eye. lt's about change and metemorphosis, as this entire album is.

ÆnimaticEnigma
04-16-2004, 01:48 PM
Doing a (what is sometimes called a) Third-Eye meditation, you can open this chakra and find your inner eye.... just close ur eyes and watch the colors go by. Don't do anything but focus, let your mind wander subconsciously, but focus on the colors.

This post's relation to the topic: Basically nothing. Just a tidbit i find interesting

ÆnimaticEnigma
04-16-2004, 01:49 PM
negative ions pictures in my brain like a robot -termiantor- is lying on a field, it's rainy. (flood of aenema?) and robots eye is fading down, dying.. as terminators. 15th track, third eye'll make those eyes opened.. at least i feel so.

that's a really cool, descriptive image

AllforUnity
04-22-2004, 11:14 AM
l want to create a new name on this site as DeepThinker, and once l get to level 5, or whatever level it is for Deep Thinker, l'm just not going to post anymore.