PDA

View Full Version : Untitled

Windir
12-24-2003, 11:27 AM
I remember someone made a Thread about the silence between Triad and Faaip de Oiad.
He told us that maybe there wasn't silence, but there could be two of the same sound waves forcing against each other, so we can't hear it, but there was still sound.

I think I have found something similar.

In the video of Schism at 3:40 till 3:50 you see that right character like... moving on the screen.
Maybe it were 2 pictures and because they played them really fast, they seemed like 1, because that's where they cross each other perfectly.

It's like how they used to make these old video's/movies.
You have a lot of pictures and they seem to flow as one if you spin them really fast.
Like cartoons.

I just found that out and think it's pretty cool.

Windir
12-27-2003, 08:29 AM
Well...

IC
12-30-2003, 01:45 PM
i dont know..you normally can see a glimpse of something there

IC
12-30-2003, 01:48 PM
also, for sound waves to cancle each other out, the sound's source's position determines that. a normal stereo shouldnt have that effect, for they are noramlly either co-linear or facing opposite directions. However, you could pull it off with lets say two stereos playing equally in a certain possition where the sound waves collide. This can bring the volume dramaticly down to the listener, but again only if he is in a certain possition corresponding to the two speakers. But it would be interesting if they pulled that off..

Windir
12-30-2003, 08:08 PM
You're probably right... but then again, all I said is that it might be possible.
The possibilaty is there somewhere, so it might just work... if only you knew how to make it work.

I just found that out and think it's pretty cool.