PDA

View Full Version : A vehicle for action?

SkinnyWhiteGuy
12-18-2002, 09:05 PM
Thrice and again I've seen the band, and each time Maynard told the crowd to take the energy and emotion they got from the show and create something positive.
Well, Maynard, we're on it. Here is my thought: a place to list ideas for ways to go about creating your positive thing.

We could give ideas for charities to donate time/money to, causes to support or even advertise, ways to channel bad vibes (I know there are at least a few Tool fans with some anger issues - one of them kicked me in the head in Atlanta), ways to give out good vibes, ways to make people think or at least give them something to think about, you get the picture.

If you can affird to buy a 30 dollar T-shirt, you can give 15 to PBS or MS research. Not all you read and wear and hear and see on TV is a product.

This forum is cool, there are some cool posts. THINK how awesome it could be, what an impact you and you and you could have, if everyone that read it gave of themselves to a greater good.

Enough of that, here's the juice.

PBS is running on donations, and that's a bad spot to be in. Do you want to see Big Bird out on the street?

Land mine relief funds - people who need prosthetics, and to not have land mines in their yards

RESPITE CARE organizations - (I know we aren't to advertise other sites, but go to idealist.org they have an assload of service organizations that are really cool and quite legit.)
These are places designed for caretakers of special needs people. They can take their person with cancer, Downs, Autism, spinabifida, to these places and have a break from the stress. It provides a much needed service, fun gor the person being cared for, and even reduces the risk of abuse.
Just look into it, you'll be impressed.

This is too long now, but I think I've planted a seed.

WATER IT!!!!

SkinnyWhiteGuy
10-28-2003, 04:37 PM
I posted this almost a year ago, not long after I found that this forum had opened. Read it again,

I still think there is enough brain power sifting through this site to make a huge wave in the ocean of apathy this generation is supposedly adrift in.