PDA

View Full Version : Slight variation

hello!
12-20-2003, 06:25 AM
My interpretation of a certain section of the song differs slightly from the previous post; keep in mind that this interpretation is actually based on his interpretation.

"And as the walls come down,
and as I look in your eyes
my fear begins to fade-"

I think that the first line would symbolize almost literal walls coming down (in his head). Apparently, people feel trapped within addiction- perhaps, as if they were trapped within a set of four walls. It would seem there is no other option (I've never done drugs, nor have I been addicted to them (...), so I can't say with certainty that there is truth in the statement).
But, if the walls come down, maybe he's 'opening his eyes' to new options, because his son (second/third line) means more to him than his addiction.

"Recalling all of the times
I have died, and will die.
It's alright-
I don't mind."

I see the first line as him looking back (which you probably guessed for yourself) on all of the 'bad' things he's been through, induced by his son, or the drugs, whichever, and knows that he will inevitably have to go through more; either way, in the end, he's saying he doesn't care if he has to go through it again; he just wants his son (*studio "Aww..." sign flashes*).

Again, just my interpretation of someone else' interpretation. Don't stick me on a cross or anything.