PDA

View Full Version : Need help with continuous (loop) ambient music

GregoryWohlwend
12-17-2003, 11:21 AM
i'm working on a website that will display my art and my writing. It's basically a portfolio site. I'm in need of a really badass sound that can loop. If someone is willing to work with me on this i'll put you/your band on my affiliates list. I'd also really appreciate it. here is a rough draw up of what the site will look like, and it's done in flash.

http://www.uiowa.edu/~krui/images/Copy%20of%20entire%20site.jpg

let me know if you are interested.

elevate
12-17-2003, 12:09 PM
I don't know how ambient you want it to be, but here's a little thing I had laying around...

holy reality
12-17-2003, 12:24 PM
would you call lots of pick scrapes + feedback + wah ambient?

That's about all I write....

GregoryWohlwend
12-17-2003, 12:40 PM
wow elevate, that kicked ass

is that a seamless loop? cuz i'm probably going to use it.

edit: i don't think it is, is there a way i could cut it so it is seamless? i don't have much for audio editors. if you have the time and it's easy and not to much hassle maybe you could play with it..... i'll be able to figure it out eventually... anyway what is your band,s website or your website, or something i can give you credit for etc.?

elevate
12-17-2003, 02:24 PM
is that a seamless loop?
No, not really, and I don't think it can be "seamlessly" looped. However, it's so shapeless, that I don't think the loop point is all that noticeable. I tinkered with it a little, and a slightly modified version.

I guess you can just stick my Nowhere Radio link on there, but it's not that big of a deal. The url is: http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/?aid=1414/singles

GregoryWohlwend
12-17-2003, 03:51 PM
hrmm i think i could reverse the frames perhaps in flash and make it that way, i'll play with er, thanks though and i'll be sure to link you from my site

GregoryWohlwend
12-17-2003, 10:45 PM
i have one last little minor miniscule small nuisance to bug you with. If it is possible/easy to bump down the volume to about half of what it is that would be super cool. again i can probably figure out on my own, but thanks for the kickass sound if you don't want to bother with this minor insignificant detail.

elevate
12-18-2003, 07:44 AM
Wouldn't take but a few seconds. Which clip would you want the volume reduced on?

GregoryWohlwend
12-18-2003, 12:45 PM
sound2 please. i think that one worked well with the looping. just use your own judgement on the volume. look at it from a website viewers perspective. if they have music playing while they visit the site they probably wouldn't want it fucking with the music to much, or if it is completely quiet and the site loads and it shocks them, thats not good. i want it subtle and soft. what would be ideal are a few versions of various volume, but one would suffice as well.

thanks so much man, you kickass and if there is anything i can do for you cd art etc. i'd be honored to work with you.

psilomind
12-18-2003, 12:47 PM
i have one last little minor miniscule small nuisance to bug you with. If it is possible/easy to bump down the volume to about half of what it is that would be super cool. again i can probably figure out on my own, but thanks for the kickass sound if you don't want to bother with this minor insignificant detail.
You're using Flash, no? Just lower the volume envelope within the movie....

elevate
12-18-2003, 01:33 PM
Yeah, what Psilo said....or if you don't want to do that,

Sandoz
12-18-2003, 01:38 PM
Hey here's a thought Gregory? How about you shut the fuck up and let people choose what music they want to listen to, hm?

I am so fucking TIRED of all the bullshit sites that start playing music when you walk in. They smartened up a little and now most of em allow you to shut the music the fuck up when you want to but Goddamnit I HATE sites that play music. Don't webmasters realise people actually listen to music every once in a while? Yeah, it fucking happens! Right now I'm listening to Haendel and I tell you if I went to a site and I had "continuous (loop) ambient music" starting to play over it I would simply shut the responsible window up and never return to that Goddamn site.

So why don't you do the Internet a favour and make the site low on cosmetics and concentrate on CONTENT instead?

GregoryWohlwend
12-18-2003, 02:45 PM
eat shit

GregoryWohlwend
12-18-2003, 02:47 PM
thanks for the tips psil, i'll check that out, in light of sandoz's feminine napkin stuck up her vagina i may consider a different audio approach but... probably not.

paraflux
12-19-2003, 08:11 AM
yeah it was like, where did that come from?

Sandoz
12-19-2003, 08:27 AM
yeah it was like, where did that come from?Years of pent up frustration at these fucking websites with the fucking music thinking "If I find only ONE of the fuckers who is stupid enough to put music on his site..."

GregoryWohlwend
12-19-2003, 12:17 PM
you've found him AND you know his christian name

Now what?

paraflux
12-19-2003, 12:38 PM
hahahaha
this is classic.
smart-ass french girl vs. web designer from Iowa.
Now... who to put my money on?

elevate
12-19-2003, 02:00 PM
Now... who to put my money on?
Hasn't the only conflict from which the French emerged victorious been when they fought themselves?

reign3
12-19-2003, 02:31 PM
Whoa.

I'm not a real fan of music popping up on websites I visit either. Maybe if it's really soft and in the background it wouldn't be a big deal. But I just hate when I go to a site some loud ass corny music starts blaring. It really pisses me off.

GregoryWohlwend
12-19-2003, 04:32 PM
yea like www.jessicasimpson.com

elevate
12-19-2003, 04:56 PM
Holy shit! That was fuckin loud...not to mention sucking tremendous amounts of ass. The only thing Jessica Simpson needs on her site is nekkid pictures of herself - there's absolutely no need for anything else.

juniortour
12-20-2003, 10:32 PM
Holy shit! That was fuckin loud...not to mention sucking tremendous amounts of ass. The only thing Jessica Simpson needs on her site is nekkid pictures of herself - there's absolutely no need for anything else.

I couldn't have said it better myself. He he he.