PDA

View Full Version : Screetching noise.

siokaos
12-18-2002, 12:32 AM
Does anyone know about the *beautiful* screech that gets sampled a few times in Triad? I've spent several hours trying to detach it from the song itself, from phasing out the left channel, to manually filtering out the drums from the FFT graph. I know the frequencies that are used, so I can sample it myself, and play around with pitch shifting... but that's really not the same.

Any information on what (instrument) this is, or where I could find a sample, would be appreciated.

Just to give a kick start, my friend says it's some sort of Tibetan horn.

Shadowfax
01-11-2003, 08:19 PM
well, when I saw them perform this song live, I saw Maynard playing some sort of instrument...maybe that is it...or maybe i'm just dilusional...heheh, either way....the song's still amazing

Paladin
01-11-2003, 09:33 PM
i dont know, its probably played as a sample live, actualy, yes it is a sample live...and uhh, i knew it at one point, its an indian type instrument i know that...ummm, maybe statik played it, maybe thats one of the machines he played on the album...

Shadowfax
01-12-2003, 08:20 AM
Does anyone perhaps know what that instrument that Maynard was playing was? or was I just seeing things?

Narcissus
01-12-2003, 09:52 AM
Im not exactly sure what it was...but I saw him playing it to. But i was some form of stringed instrument. If I had to make a guess...A lute, a Mandolin, or Sitar? (Im nosure if that is how you spell sitar...that indian stringed thing...)

Shadowfax
01-12-2003, 10:54 AM
Ok, I figured it was some type of strikinged instrument...but I wasn't really sure...

siokaos
01-21-2003, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by Narcissus
Im not exactly sure what it was...but I saw him playing it to. But i was some form of stringed instrument. If I had to make a guess...A lute, a Mandolin, or Sitar? (Im nosure if that is how you spell sitar...that indian stringed thing...)

Hey, I'm just going to clear up some confusion right now.

a) The noise in triad is definately some sort of horn, and is definately sampled.

b) Maynard is playing a 5 string bass, headless. I can upload a picture of him playing it if anyone would like.

[email protected]

6bit
03-06-2003, 11:51 PM
are you referring to the noise at the beginning of the song? if so, I've always thought those were a Zepplin sample... dazed and confused i think, don't know my LZ very well....