PDA

View Full Version : Beautiful.

Hellspawn
12-15-2003, 05:43 PM
This song has to be one of the most beautiful, simple, amazing things I've ever heard in my entire life. I've had it on repeat for an hour.

whale I
12-17-2003, 02:34 AM
i agree

CopperGoat
02-07-2004, 09:53 PM
I see literally weather changing. Clouds moving, sun rising going down up moving, wind, snow, rain, sky.

g-bay-be
02-12-2004, 03:19 PM
I see literally weather changing. Clouds moving, sun rising going down up moving, wind, snow, rain, sky.

the only thing that comes to my mind is a picnic. laying with my girlfriend inthe grassy field and just kissing her softly on the lips. and then laying down and watching the coulds move

LabRat404
02-14-2004, 10:39 AM
I see things for the instrumental part of everythign I hear, not images, but ... its rather inexplainable. All I have to say, is that this song is the BEST for meditationg to.

Lord Fongo
02-14-2004, 03:40 PM
Tool's "Disposition" is definately one of the most beautiful pieces of music I have ever had the pleasure to hear. In fact, it is my personal favorite song by Tool. Why? Well, I'm still working on that... It's just something about the song - the way the melodic voice of Maynard entwines with the mesmerizing beauty of the music so perfectly, sending my mind skyrocketing into a "spiritual high". The majority of Tool's songs has this similiar impact upon me, however "Disposition" just seems to stand out for some reason. I don't know what it is. All I know is that this song is pure genious, and, like LabRat said, perfect for meditating to.

Whenever I listen to "Disposition", I receive mental images similiar to that of Copper Goat. The sun setting/rising, clouds moving across the sky, rainfall, all that good stuff. I also get images of myself standing amidst a grassy field, the wind blowing around me and the aforementioned weather scenes changing in the background...

...damn, if only I was a music video director...

spiralus4920
02-28-2004, 05:27 PM
One of my favorite things to do is walk through my neighborhood late at night. All by myself. Just me and my discman playing through the lateralus album. Incredible amounts of emotions stir and I feel at peace. When i'm sitting in my room or anywhere else for that matter, and disposition comes on I have feelings of deja vu. I have never experienced those kinds of feeling from just music before. Has anyone else?

Peace,
Ryan

LabRat404
03-03-2004, 01:04 PM
... feelings of deja vu...

I do, but not for any of tools songs. there are certain instrumental styles that give me feelings of deja vu, or make me feel reminded of somethign that I never knew, or whatever you want to call it. its not quite deja vu, though.

Sanitarium by Metallica gives me that feeling.
Black Baloon by Goo Goo Dolls kind of does that at the very beginning.
Bent by Matchbox 20, with the beginning guitar solo-ishness gives me the same.
Here is Gone, Goo Goo Dolls ... same thing ... beginning instrumental.

MeThoD
04-01-2004, 11:48 PM
I wish I could delete my posts.

ReverendMaynard
04-03-2004, 06:43 AM
It floats. I don't know how else to describe it. It just floats like a leaf on top of a lake, above all the shit and fish and plants below, unperturbed. Absolutely etherial. Couldn't agree more.

endless_nameless
04-06-2004, 04:39 AM

I sort of think of it as the calm before the storm; Disposition is watching the weather change as the blue skies disappear behind ominious black storm clouds, before the storm is actually unleashed. I also usually imagine a continuation of that theme throughout the entire piece; you know, Reflection is the storm beginning and then building dramatically up towards its climax, but stopping before it gets there as it reaches the eye of the storm with those repeated notes Adam plays at the end of reflection, and lastly the intense resuming of the storm with Triad.
With me, every different song inspires some sort of imagery in your head, and I've often heard of Disposition conjuring images of weather in people. I wonder if Maynard also saw this when the guys played it to him, and responded by writing it into the song?

¿Calin?
05-26-2004, 04:16 PM
Disposition always gives me the same image... being in the eye of the storm. There's kind of an eary, but amazingly peacefullness to it.. it's kinda like when your in the eye of the storm your okay, and if time could just stop you would be in that peacefull state for ever.. I guess i compare the storm to life, its always crazy with things always going on around you, but if you could find that peace you would be eternally happy..

I can relate with the dejavu aswell... almost like someone is there with me that i know so well but i cant figure out who it is.