PDA

View Full Version : Lucky Tool

LostQuater
12-17-2002, 12:40 PM
im sure everyone else feels the same...or maybe not....but everytime i listen to Tool....i feel like im in on a big secret that everyone could know but isnt smart enough to understand it....Tool is the only band that i listen to that i feel privilaged to listen to....i feel lucky to Be able to listen to there music...They make you feel like you could get shot 8048903734 times and still live....... just had to put that though out there

the reverend
12-17-2002, 07:21 PM
Yeah sometimes i feel the same way about the whole "secret" thing that your talking about when it comes to Tool's music. I think thats part of the attraction and what has kept me listening to tool for a very long time.

MushroomStamp
12-18-2002, 05:11 AM
I used to feel that way back before Ænima came out. The venues were way smaller and essentially everyone there knew all the songs by heart. It was intimate. Now Tool sells out stadium size arenas and attract all kinds or morons who come to get drunk and try to mosh. Then they get upset as they can't mosh in odd times.

I remember seeing tool like three days after the september 11 bombings while everyone was still pretty shook up. Maynard made a statement like "lets take these emotions and do something positive." Then a couple hundred morons started chanting "AMERICA!" over and over. Maynard got them to quiet down and said something like, "maybe we aren't the good guys in this situation. we should take time to think about that..." Then the crowd stood there for a couple seconds and started chanting "AMERICA!" again.

These are tool fans?

I mean come on, look how many people fell for (and kept falling for) maynard's "repeat after me" joke? Things have definetly changed.

But that is the price of popularity. Maybe if tool released an introspective and completely unapproachable album, some of the fat can get skimmed from the top of the fan tank.

Come to think of it, thats what I thought tool was doing with Lateralis actually.

SRx71
12-20-2002, 09:05 PM
I often do feel priveleged to listen to Tool. Walking around in Tool apparell, and having people ask who Tool is, and getting to educate them about Tool feels very good. It's almost like witnessing, to me, in a sense. There's so much to know about Tool.