PDA

View Full Version : 97' Bonnie and Clyde

Torpid_Prey
12-10-2003, 02:44 PM
Ive got a copy of this song by tori amos....
(excuse my ignorance) but i only kno that tori is somehow related to tool - friends with maynard or something... there are some pics with tori in the images section so thats what i figured anyhow.

i also have the eminem version, but the tori amos version is fuckin creepy.

*** ']['orpid Prey ***

Windir
12-10-2003, 03:25 PM
About Tori Amos, what is the best Album to start with?

Choler
12-10-2003, 03:57 PM
She also does a nice rendition of smells like teen spirit.

All-One-Mind
12-10-2003, 04:11 PM
About Tori Amos, what is the best Album to start with?

Best album to start with is probably Little Earthquakes... altough Under the Pink, and Boys for Pele kick ass too.

If you want to test the waters first, I recommend you download these songs:

Precious Things
God
Caught a Lite Sneeze

EDIT: MODs, can we get this thread moved the Past the Borderline, or Socialize?

Windir
12-10-2003, 04:12 PM
Thanks.

*starts downloading*

Torpid_Prey
12-10-2003, 10:59 PM
indeed, thankyou

*** ']['orpid Prey ***

mourningstar
12-11-2003, 02:10 PM
i also have the eminem version, but the tori amos version is fuckin creepy.

*** ']['orpid Prey ***

thank you for unintentionally answering a question i had in the back of my mind. yesterday i had my cd player in health class and i pulled out Boys For Pele, and the girl sitting in front of me said Tori did a creepy ass song about a man killing his wife, but i didn't know what song she was talking about. then she said Eminem did a cover of it, but it wasn't as creepy.

Windir
12-12-2003, 02:50 AM
She also does a nice rendition of smells like teen spirit.

Yeah, I downloaded that song, it's really good, especially because it's a cover and from Nirvana.

Nirvana is an easy band to cover, all very simple.
But she made it quite simple, as well as complicated.

Really nice voice too... damn!

Divine_left
12-12-2003, 04:51 AM
Tori did a creepy ass song about a man killing his wife, but i didn't know what song she was talking about. then she said Eminem did a cover of it, but it wasn't as creepy.

Isn't it the other way around? To the best of my knowledge her version was released on the album "Strange Little Girls", in which she does covers of songs that were all originally done by men.

Strange Little Girls came out around 2001-2002 i think.

Can anyone back me up here?

mourningstar
12-12-2003, 02:26 PM
i guess it is. the girl who told me about it just made it sound like it was originally Tori's.

ImACarnation
01-06-2004, 04:08 PM
Isn't it the other way around? To the best of my knowledge her version was released on the album "Strange Little Girls", in which she does covers of songs that were all originally done by men.

Strange Little Girls came out around 2001-2002 i think.

Can anyone back me up here?

Yeah, it's definitely Eminem's song. It was on the Slim Shady LP released in 99.

On another note, her cover of Enjoy the Silence(originally by Depeche Mode) was amazing-beautiful...she seems to make all those guys' songs sound either morbidly creepy or sad and tortured.