PDA

View Full Version : Please Tell Me What You Think

juniortour
12-09-2003, 07:45 PM
Hey, guys I just got a song up on a site, and I would appreciate some feedback, not only on the song, but also on the lyrics. It is only guitar and vocals for now. Forgive the shitty recording, the explaination is on my site.

Please visit:

http://www.geocities.com/passthehatchet/index.htm

deviatedwolf625
12-09-2003, 09:01 PM
No MP3 there, otherwise I'd tell you what I think, good or bad.

Ok, if you're using sound recorder, what I would do is:

Go to www.downloads.com

Search for loop recorder.

Download.

It's like sound recorder on crack, allows infinite recording.

juniortour
12-11-2003, 03:06 PM
All right, links are now fixed. Just slight errors in the links. It is still the version that is pieced together from less than one minute clips, but I will get around to re-recording (with hopefully better lyrics) sometime soon. In the meantime, enjoy.

deviatedwolf625
12-11-2003, 03:48 PM
NIICE

Now it's exceeded its bandwidth limit ... *sigh* I hate free sites ...

If you use any IMing service, my screen names are in my profile, send it to me over aim

otherwise, i'll keep tryin.

juniortour
12-11-2003, 04:08 PM
I put it on Angelfire too. This sucks, I'll just IM it to you right now, but the link for Angelfire is below. Either one should work soon.

http://www.angelfire.com/band2/passthehatchet/index.html

deviatedwolf625
12-11-2003, 04:20 PM
Alright, sing more from the bottom of your throat. Maybe that could be the mic though.

I would plug the guitar directly into the comp, and buy like a 30$ dynamic mic. They work pretty good. Ask Reign3 what he's got, and how much he got em for (I know it wasn't much)

And pirate/buy Cool Edit Pro.

As for the song itself, it's pretty good. You might figure out something to do during that 30 second instrumental break to take the melody? Where you're just playing the same things over and over again?

And also, don't be hooked on rhyme with the lyrics. If I had to say the song had a huge fault, it was in the lyrics themselves. It boils down to opinion though, and personally I think rhyme's great if you can make it sound natural, but it sounded really forced. Lyrics are hard, I struggle with em myself.

IM me sometime, I'll probably be able to help you more.

Overall, C+. The ideas are there, the guitar work is great, but there's some significant faults that make it hard to listen to.