PDA

View Full Version : h: my personal relation to it

jimbobvaquero
12-16-2002, 10:08 PM
wow. i've loved h for years now. it's just beautiful. i get drawn in by the beautifulness of the rhythms, and music. that being said, i relate it now to the break up of me and my ex. she was my first (and only) love. she meant the world. we had ups and downs, and took small breaks within two years of dating each other. it ended after i heard she cheated on me at party. very hurtful to me. it's been 7 months now, and i think about her every day. both good and bad. basicaly, the lyrics to this song narrate my feelings about her.

the mirror represents what my mind tells me to think, get rid of her, she really didn't love you

the snake is her, something so bad, but yet life is better w/ the snake than not.

the song tells the story of how my emotions are twisted about when thinking about her. i feel much "too connected . . . to slip away, fade away" i want her back, but feel realistically, it would never work, she's moved on, and i have self-esteem issues. maybe i will get some curage, and address to her what's going on. i feel she's already gone from my life, maybe i should just give it a chance . . .

the reverend
12-16-2002, 10:21 PM
I have often felt the lyrics to "h." also in some ways correspond to my life and relationships within it.

Its great when, occasionally, songs can be felt on such a deep level. Thats part of the beauty of Tool.

(PS- good luck jimbo with whatever you end up doing..)

David
12-20-2002, 05:34 PM
Hey Jimbob,

I have had a similar experience with H. as you and I am glad you have found some solace in it because in times like that you need whatever hope/meaning you can get. But don't forget that:

My blood before me begs me open up my heart again

and someday you will be able to open yours up again as well.

take care,
Your brutha from anutha mutha,
David

xSaveXmondaYx
01-17-2003, 11:01 PM
it doesn't matter what the song really means it matters what it means to you and it's cool how people do that with tool's music