PDA

View Full Version : new song posted

sound.out.light
12-07-2003, 09:48 PM
hello all...ive got a new song posted up on my page titled "now"..thanks to all who purchased the cd...u guys are helping me get money together for equipment so i can play live.
thanks so so much for the support!
www.angelfire.com/indie/soundoutlight

thanks again,
-d.

Phlame
12-16-2003, 06:39 PM
so far this is pretty good. what do you play for the band?

sound.out.light
12-16-2003, 09:06 PM
so far this is pretty good. what do you play for the band?
thanks man...i do all of the instrumentation..and the singer does a little here and there...
just a two man project at the moment..
thanks for listening..

hope this finds you well,
-d.

deviatedwolf625
12-16-2003, 10:25 PM
I like now. KInda mild though, but energetic, like Radiohead, in a semi-positive way.

GregoryWohlwend
12-17-2003, 11:17 AM
hey, good stuff, i think the vocals need to be a little clearer in the beginning. The transition from soft to hard is kind of abrupt. the second transition with the drums is good though, that is done very well. I think you're really close, this is some of the best garage band type shit i have heard. really good work, you guys should start trying to get gigs(that is if you have enough equipment/time/material). i think if you cleared up that first transition and made it a little longer it'd be really fucking cool. kind of reminds me of a little led zeppelin(vocals) mixed in with some toolish tones.

sound.out.light
12-17-2003, 08:46 PM
hey, good stuff, i think the vocals need to be a little clearer in the beginning. The transition from soft to hard is kind of abrupt. the second transition with the drums is good though, that is done very well. I think you're really close, this is some of the best garage band type shit i have heard. really good work, you guys should start trying to get gigs(that is if you have enough equipment/time/material). i think if you cleared up that first transition and made it a little longer it'd be really fucking cool. kind of reminds me of a little led zeppelin(vocals) mixed in with some toolish tones.

hey thanks for the feedback man...i like the transitions just the way they are..sure its abrupt but i like abrupt....we are tryin to get some gigs but we dont have equipment yet so....
but thanks again man.
hope this finds you well,
-d.

Divine_left
12-18-2003, 08:38 AM
Hey, this isn't bad.

...I really like the drum beat at about 1:30 into "now" ..It's got a cool vibe to it.

Are the drums live or sequenced? Some of the sections sound like it's someone playing whereas others (like what I'm listening to now) sound more electronic/programmed.

Either way, good job man.

sound.out.light
12-18-2003, 11:18 AM
Hey, this isn't bad.

...I really like the drum beat at about 1:30 into "now" ..It's got a cool vibe to it.

Are the drums live or sequenced? Some of the sections sound like it's someone playing whereas others (like what I'm listening to now) sound more electronic/programmed.

Either way, good job man.

hey man thanks for the feedback...yeah the drums are programmed ...everything else is live tho....
check out the other one on there too...its a totally different feel...
darker..kind of light industrial....
take care..
-d.