PDA

View Full Version : Darkest Tool Song

PorkusMorris
03-04-2021, 11:25 AM
Okay so they have some pretty dark moments throughout their discography. I was wondering everyone's opinion on what songs and Albums see the most dark. For me I find the darkest lyrics and theme in song Opiate, Prison Sex, Sober, Bottom, Undertow, Jimmy, Schism, Reflection, Rosetta Stoned. Reason for Opiate: strong story of Priests "harnessing" God in order to touch people, Prison Sex: theme of sexual assault and mental stability, Sober: theme of addiction, Bottom: theme of lots of dark things, Undertow: showing themes of hitting the bottom similar to Bottom, Jimmy: talking of Maynards mother going to hospital when he was 11, Schism: theme of what I can see of as being about a relationship failing when it was once fine, Reflection: too complicated to describe, Rosseta Stoned: theme of overdose and realization. There are definitely a lot others that are dark, I want to hear your opinion on these songs and also others that you may think are dark.

Whowatchesthewampas
03-07-2021, 06:56 PM
I would say Prison Sex. Subject matter is taboo, tragic, and devastating, but also uncomfortably true about the cyclical nature of abuse.

The Embryo 2
10-09-2021, 07:40 PM
Swamp Song, Bottom

Insert every Sony on Undertow