PDA

View Full Version : New Thought on the 11

megatom0
12-04-2003, 03:54 PM
I dont think enough people have gone religious on the 11 thing so i will.
The idea i have for it is this:
11 represents abandonment and betrayal on his mothers part.
How you may ask?
There were 12 apostles but then Judas Iscariot betrayed Jesus making there only be 11. The thing that makes this work, and not just some big coincidence, is that Maynards mother's name is Judith, the feminine form of the name Judas. In other words she is the Judas of the family and caused them to fall apart.
I think if you also look at it in this respect you see that he does not want to forgive his mother, and that is what he is struggling with in the song. He is looking back on his childhood and sees how his mother leaving caused all these bad things to happen.

I also think that there is some wieght the the theory of Lucifer=Light holder, other than just that Lucifer in latin means light holder. Because in the Bible it states that Judas betrays because Lucifer enters into his soul. I think this is used in the song as it is the mother who is holding the light leading him back home. In other words he is saying what she did was evil, and that she is trying to convince him that she is good. This makes the whole thing very ironic, which i believe is its intent, as it makes it seem like he wants to reunite with his mother and heal the wounds, but deep down he can never forgive her. The point is that what happens to a person as a child affects them for the rest of their lives, and that family and love from the family is important.

11Reflections11
05-10-2004, 10:09 AM
How about Judas betraying Jesus becuse Lucifer entered him, and since Lucifer is the light holder, Judas saw the "real light" and saw Jesus' lies, and turned on him because he was angry, or felt betrayed, or something else.

DeletedMember
05-11-2004, 03:19 PM
How about Judas betraying Jesus becuse Lucifer entered him, and since Lucifer is the light holder, Judas saw the "real light" and saw Jesus' lies, and turned on him because he was angry, or felt betrayed, or something else.

Blah Blah, this isn't a religious thread. It is about jimmy.

I think that is an interesting thought, but I dont think it really works that well. He seems to be talking about himself as "11" and even if he wasn't, Judas' number name would be "12" don't you think?

11Reflections11
05-30-2004, 02:31 PM
true his number would be 12, but there were eleven others...

Raev'n
06-02-2004, 04:11 PM
It could be that the 11 others are the ones that are angry at Judas and are telling him to hold the ligth cause that's all he has left...?