PDA

View Full Version : think cheesy radio hit.

tendertrap?
12-16-2002, 08:22 AM
acoustic guitar? its a silly parody on a pop song. you cant take this song seriously. all it says is that those powerpop types of songs have as much intellectual matter as a dick. simplie. maybe you like it because they parody well...

SonOfWillieTheP
12-29-2002, 04:30 PM
Anthrax did the same with NFB (Nice Fuckin' Ballad) on their Attack Of The Killer Bees album, although this song isn't quite so bad, in fact it's pretty well executed. The hitparades would be much better if songs like these were hits.

lateralus1213
01-10-2003, 01:01 PM
I dont think this was supposed to be a mockary at all. its just something they hid because its too controversial...come on, how would wal-mart feel putting an album on the shelves with "maynard's dick" on it? (remember the undertow cover issue)
This song is actually really good, and acoustic guitar has nothing to do with it. tool has used acoustic before, go get their acoustic cover of "Terrible Lie", its amazing.

mickbayne
01-17-2003, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by lateralus1213
go get their acoustic cover of "Terrible Lie", its amazing.

tool did a cover of terrible lie?!?!?!?!? i'm guessing you mean the nin song. i fucking love that song!!!!!!!! any additional info would be appreciated (where available, etc.)

the reverend
01-18-2003, 03:11 AM
Its on Kazaa buddy. :)

mickbayne
01-18-2003, 08:53 PM
i just downloaded it from lime wire....but it is a horrible recording....oh well...maybe i'll try kazaa

ObviousParadox
02-08-2003, 12:42 PM
or maybe they have a sense of humor...and its really about his genitals....

BackToMyKnees
02-15-2003, 07:26 AM
Just so you know Rev, a lot of that shit on Kazaa is complete bullshit. Like the song with Maynard and Disturbed. Maybe it's APC doing "Terrible Lie".

How come no one has ever mentioned Tool doing an acoustic cover of this before? I assume you're not one of those idiots who thinks "live" means the same thing as "acoustic".

I DLed a supposed Tool covering Sublime on Kazaa, and it was complete bullshit.

When the hell would Tool be in a setting to do an acoustic song anyways? I think this is a load of crap./

fire engine
12-27-2003, 07:41 PM
I'm pretty sure that it's a Marilyn Manson cover of Terrible Lie, though I have seen it labeled as a Tool song many times before. According to an E-mail from Tooldiscography.com, it is "neither Tool nor members of". I did some research and found that Manson did in fact do an acoustic cover of the song and downloaded what was labeled as "Terrible Lie" acoustic cover by Marilyn Manson, and it was the same recording I had found labeled as a Tool song.

Seph's Dialated Aperture
08-30-2004, 01:17 PM
Damnit, oldversion.com stopped giving out kazaalite. Anyways who does Terrible Lie originally? And did Tool do any other acoustic soungs? That would rock to hear them. Though in case anyone cares, I am not going to download anything illegally.

Seph's Dialated Aperture
09-14-2004, 07:58 AM
I say the same thing about Wrong Way, I found it in mIRC and it was on "Ultra Rare Trax". Nope, not Maynard. Maybe one of the band members...

Cyanide ChrYst
10-09-2004, 04:30 PM
If maynard ever touched me, I think my anus would become dialated.

Triangular_Vision
10-11-2004, 07:24 AM
as if its not dialated enough already

Cyanide ChrYst
10-11-2004, 02:53 PM
Nah, it's tight and virgin. I'm waiting for the right guy.

IC
10-12-2004, 05:31 AM
i hate all of you.

cept you CC

Cyanide ChrYst
10-12-2004, 08:48 PM
Everybody loves me on some level. Hate is actually a form of love.