PDA

View Full Version : The Pot

deppo
09-06-2019, 11:26 PM
I find this one so closely tied to The Pot. The tone and the theme of it seem so similar. Even the 'Keep calm, keep calm, fuck, here we go again' intro make it feel like The Pot 2 for me.

CrazyJoeDevola
09-08-2019, 12:02 PM
I actually feel like those first few lyrical passages tie this song more to Rosetta Stoned like the character is about to have another intense trip. He's less schizophrenic sounding this time though because he's more seasoned in the experience. Otherwise there is a chord progression that happens near the end of this which has the same or similar intervals as the main progression from Right In Two.

UlyssEEEeeeEEEeees
09-10-2019, 09:30 AM
I definitely get a "The Pot" vibe from this song. For me, it's Maynard's vocals in the beginning as much as the lyrics. A lot of the songs verge on remixes, like completely different recipes made with similar ingredients.

deppo
09-15-2019, 02:44 PM
I definitely get a "The Pot" vibe from this song. For me, it's Maynard's vocals in the beginning as much as the lyrics. A lot of the songs verge on remixes, like completely different recipes made with similar ingredients.

Yeah me too. The whole tone of it feels similar, the way it seems to focus in on an individual like The Pot does, these 2 feel like they are part of the same set to me.