PDA

View Full Version : Extinction

deppo
09-06-2019, 11:18 PM
To me this track has an air of the Extinction Rebellion movement about it. A 'call to arms' to address the lethargy and complacency around global warming and act against the destruction of our planet. Might just be that XR and the issue are heavy on my radar, dunno, but was definitely my first thought when reading the lyrics. Love this song.

PrometheusRising
09-25-2019, 10:16 PM
The waves crashing in the intro...the sound of our origins
Could it also be the sound of our extinction...

Whatever Extinction Rebellion and Global Strike for Climate will look like 5 years from now, that's what I think of when I listen to this song

Inner_Eulogy
09-26-2019, 09:39 PM
To me this track has an air of the Extinction Rebellion movement about it. A 'call to arms' to address the lethargy and complacency around global warming and act against the destruction of our planet. Might just be that XR and the issue are heavy on my radar, dunno, but was definitely my first thought when reading the lyrics. Love this song.I like this theory, it puts a new introspective to it than I had before.

Inner_Eulogy
09-26-2019, 09:40 PM

Whatever Extinction Rebellion and Global Strike for Climate will look like 5 years from now, that's what I think of when I listen to this songI also love this idea too. You both might be on to something. Definitely interesting angles on this song.

swimminginmusic
09-27-2019, 11:30 PM

Whatever Extinction Rebellion and Global Strike for Climate will look like 5 years from now, that's what I think of when I listen to this song

Learn to swim

Oculus
11-19-2021, 10:24 PM
The call to “arms and order” reminds me of one of the priests on the new cover for Opiate. The one that is essentially holding up his arms like an “11”.

The other element here that is striking in the lyrics is when he says, “Elementary”. This is what Sherlock used to say to Watson, and the doctor in Lost Keys is Dr. Watson. So the paranoid schizo speaker in Rosetta Stoned could be the one who is now resigned and having suicidal ideation here in Descending.