PDA

View Full Version : We are born of one breath

lotus.
09-04-2019, 10:11 AM
one word
We are all one spark, sun becoming

Breath of Brahma (http://mindbreathmeditation.blogspot.com/2012/07/the-breath-of-brahma.html?m=1)

http://www.weare1.us/Red-&-Blue-Golden-Spiral.jpg

Each one of us is an emanation of the Absolute Consciousness.

lotus.
09-04-2019, 10:12 AM
This is my favorite song on the album at the moment.

dan
09-04-2019, 10:13 AM
"but here i am..."

J A G
09-04-2019, 10:14 AM
What's the one word?

Is it secretion?

Inner_Eulogy
09-05-2019, 02:18 PM
Wow, there's so many of you still around, or at least came back since the new album lol Damn, I ain't been on here in at least 10yrs or somethin', what up to all the people I know from way back!!

gonzo
09-05-2019, 03:00 PM
Wow, there's so many of you still around, or at least came back since the new album lol Damn, I ain't been on here in at least 10yrs or somethin', what up to all the people I know from way back!!

/raises a glass of Pinot Noir

hello

Inner_Eulogy
09-05-2019, 03:28 PM

hello
Beautiful, you even offered my favorite! =-D Cheers mate!

Inner_Eulogy
09-05-2019, 03:32 PM

helloBy the way, I totally remember you too, along with JAG and lotus.

gonzo
09-05-2019, 04:26 PM
By the way, I totally remember you too, along with JAG and lotus.

I remember.

Peace, my friend.

lotus.
09-05-2019, 07:22 PM
https://cdn3.imggmi.com/uploads/2019/9/6/df191c50589868a360e7f35762aedb8c-full.jpg

Pneuman

Pyrrho
09-06-2019, 08:22 AM
That was an interesting read, Lotus. You should check out Nāgārjuna if you haven't already.

https://plato.stanford.edu/entries/nagarjuna/

Darofatti touches upon the implications for medicine, Nāgārjuna deploys his doctrine of śūnyatā (emptiness) as a soteriological tool.

It is interesting to think about the implications for human flourishing and wellbeing if there is no objective reality and all things really are one like the hippies and the Buddhists have been trying to explain to us!

Inner_Eulogy
09-07-2019, 04:31 PM
Easily one of the best songs tool has written. Maynard has his best vocal delivery, Justin does magic, Danny does magic and Adam does magic.

That last part in the song is the best of tool teamwork.

And the message is really inspiring.It's hard to pick a fav, but this might actually be my fav track on the new album, it's so damn good!

dan
09-08-2019, 12:33 PM
"but here i am..."

This album is so new that I put this lyric in the wrong thread. Please accept my apologies.

lotus.
09-08-2019, 03:40 PM
This album is so new that I put this lyric in the wrong thread. Please accept my apologies.

I just thought it was a cross-post

New album excitement

UlyssEEEeeeEEEeees
09-10-2019, 09:18 AM
i got the chance to listen to this song with a full on sound system last weekend, and I have to say this song is legit. I really like the two voices in the verse: Maynard's normal vocals with that really low growl I'm not totally sure is Maynard let alone human.

Whowatchesthewampas
09-13-2019, 10:34 AM
I love seeing this. I haven't been around very long, but it's cool seeing people who haven't been on here in ages come back to discuss TOOL. I feel like I checked out and joined the forums at a great time. It's cool to be a part of something ancient (in internet years).

Inner_Eulogy
09-13-2019, 11:32 PM
I love seeing this. I haven't been around very long, but it's cool seeing people who haven't been on here in ages come back to discuss TOOL. I feel like I checked out and joined the forums at a great time. It's cool to be a part of something ancient (in internet years).Dude, I'm level fuckin' 12 lol I'm not even sure what that means but I'm guessing it means that I've been a member for longer, anyone clarify that if I'm wrong cause I'm only guessing but damn that makes me feel old as fuck lol. Does that make me like, an OGT on here? =-D

Michał
09-14-2019, 09:27 PM
I also recall most of you here! Used to spend a lot of lonely evenings reading the thoughts of like-minded people to the sound of 10KD. So much has changed in between the albums.. Saturn ascends, comes round again :)

Whowatchesthewampas
09-15-2019, 06:40 PM
Dude, I'm level fuckin' 12 lol I'm not even sure what that means but I'm guessing it means that I've been a member for longer, anyone clarify that if I'm wrong cause I'm only guessing but damn that makes me feel old as fuck lol. Does that make me like, an OGT on here? =-D

It's funny because your join date is Dec 2003...I was a junior in high school hahahaha

lotus.
09-15-2019, 07:04 PM
I also recall most of you here! Used to spend a lot of lonely evenings reading the thoughts of like-minded people to the sound of 10KD. So much has changed in between the albums.. Saturn ascends, comes round again :)

It's like a high school reunion, but without the drunk and gropey jocks.

The Embryo 2
10-03-2019, 10:50 PM
By the way, I totally remember you too, along with JAG and lotus.

Now I'm sad.

Naga Royal Guard
12-08-2019, 10:05 AM
For the balance of expression, length, weight, speed, musicianship and even just a bit of groove; this song is a favorite along with Jambi, Thirdeye and No Quarter. Probably my favorite Tool song of all.

lotus.
12-08-2019, 10:09 AM
That was an interesting read, Lotus. You should check out Nāgārjuna if you haven't already.

https://plato.stanford.edu/entries/nagarjuna/

Darofatti touches upon the implications for medicine, Nāgārjuna deploys his doctrine of śūnyatā (emptiness) as a soteriological tool.

It is interesting to think about the implications for human flourishing and wellbeing if there is no objective reality and all things really are one like the hippies and the Buddhists have been trying to explain to us!

Checking out now

Whowatchesthewampas
01-21-2020, 01:32 PM
So after about my 40th listen through, I think this is my favorite song on the album. I really like all of them, but this one just has something about it.

Fit4Demolition
01-22-2020, 10:38 AM

Man, seeing all these usernames I used to know so well from so long ago are bringing back memories. Fucking missed this community and sad to see how few new posts there are. Glad some new material (and Reddit being down and me being curious to see if this site was still up) brought me back. Where's Misanthrope? Wonder what his opinion on the melodies are, haha.

But yes, to the point. This is one of my favorite Tool songs. Some of the reaction videos on Youtube are hilarious too. I think this song is a crown jewel of Danny Carey.

Whowatchesthewampas
01-22-2020, 11:41 AM
Man, seeing all these usernames I used to know so well from so long ago are bringing back memories. Fucking missed this community and sad to see how few new posts there are. Glad some new material (and Reddit being down and me being curious to see if this site was still up) brought me back. Where's Misanthrope? Wonder what his opinion on the melodies are, haha.

Well welcome back! Also yea, Reddit is fucked atm.

Whowatchesthewampas
01-22-2020, 12:06 PM
Also, maybe one of the veteran posters can answer, but I'm curious when did the forums become more quiet? I'm guessing between 10k Days and FI, but I could be wrong. I used to lurk back in the day, but when the new album and all the news were coming out I finally decided to check this site and still found people posting. I don't think I'd been here since 10,000 Days.

Fit4Demolition
01-23-2020, 05:12 AM
Also, maybe one of the veteran posters can answer, but I'm curious when did the forums become more quiet? I'm guessing between 10k Days and FI, but I could be wrong. I used to lurk back in the day, but when the new album and all the news were coming out I finally decided to check this site and still found people posting. I don't think I'd been here since 10,000 Days.

Looking at some of the threads that are dormant it looks like activity died down around 2013. I haven't been here since like 2012. I'm surprised I remembered my password tbh.

Kotowboy
05-03-2020, 04:14 PM
I havent logged in since 2011 :-P

Anyway - how i'd rank the F.I. songs ( i.e. the 6 actual songs with all members. not the segues or the drum solo )

1. Culling Voices
2. Pneuma
3. Invincible
4. Descending
5. Fear Inoculum
6. 7empest

Albums :

1. Lateralus
2. 10,000 Days
3. F.I.
4. Ænima
5. Undertow