PDA

View Full Version : 46 & 2, not evolution, but problems caused by it

radmanics
11-26-2003, 10:41 AM
It seems a fact now, that the 46 is refering to the 46 chromosones we, as humans have, and the 2 refering to 2 either existing or new ones.

After having read a scientific report on the Y chromosone (the one which makes you male), I know that men are going to die out, due to the Y chromosone being mutated and it is not able to reproduce itself correctly over generations. Men are expected to die out in approximately 125,000 years, if I remember correctly.

This has happened to a mole in South America, I believe, and it has got around the problem of having no Y chromosone somehow.

I was wondering if this situation could have some relation to this song, but the main problem I have with this theory is time: Was the problems with the Y chromosone known when 46 & 2 was written for Maynard to make use of? I don't think it was but I'll carry on anyway...

If our Y chromosone does die, men as the sex, will die out; we will be left with only women. Perhaps Maynard has realised this and is striving to fix the problem with our two sexual chromosones.

I think this part of the song shows it more:
"I wanna feel the metamorphosis and cleansing I've endured within my shadow. Change is coming. Now is my time. Listen to my muscle memory. Contemplate what I've been clinging to. Forty-six and two ahead of me. I choose to live and to grow, take and give and to move, learn and love and to cry, kill and die and to be paranoid and to lie, hate and fear and to do what it takes to move through. I choose to live and to lie, kill and give and to die, learn and love and to do what it takes to step through. See my shadow changing, stretching up and over me soften this old armor."

Here Maynard talks about cleansing: removing the old, mutated Y chromosone. Clinging to: we've been keeping, as males, a mutated Y chromosone for a long time now. take and give: he's taken a mutated Y and is giving a solution perhaps? soften this old armor: one of the solutions would be to use ovum:ovum cloning to produce babies, perhaps this is a reference to how males are generally introverted in their feelings and by becoming female he would soften his emotional armor.

I think my theory is pushing it abit, even if it is chronologically viable. If it is, it just goes to show how some things can be timeless and apply to anything if you look at it in the right light, and select the correct parts.

paraflux
11-28-2003, 07:12 AM
It's that we have 23 pairs of chromosomes, 22 are non-sexual and one pair determines our sex. The addition of another pair wouldnt have anything to do with sex, I do not think.

radmanics
11-28-2003, 11:12 AM
...hmm.. I explained the first half of that.. and the addtion of another pair... would depend on what the other pair is... maybe you should explain what you meant to me further?

Thrakandor
11-28-2003, 11:44 AM
Hm. I don't think so - that theory nullifies the references to the Shadow, which seem to be a pretty clear relation to Jung and his theory of personal evolution/growth. If the song is interpreted as it is generally understood, though, then we see the parallels - evolution both mentally/physically and spiritually.

schismsirp
11-28-2003, 03:08 PM
Have any of you read Bob Frissell's books?

radmanics
11-30-2003, 03:14 PM
No I have not; develop please?

corps d'allumen
12-03-2003, 12:19 PM
It seems a fact now, that the 46 is refering to the 46 chromosones we, as humans have, and the 2 refering to 2 either existing or new ones.

After having read a scientific report on the Y chromosone (the one which makes you male), I know that men are going to die out, due to the Y chromosone being mutated and it is not able to reproduce itself correctly over generations. Men are expected to die out in approximately 125,000 years, if I remember correctly.

This has happened to a mole in South America, I believe, and it has got around the problem of having no Y chromosone somehow.

I was wondering if this situation could have some relation to this song, but the main problem I have with this theory is time: Was the problems with the Y chromosone known when 46 & 2 was written for Maynard to make use of? I don't think it was but I'll carry on anyway...

If our Y chromosone does die, men as the sex, will die out; we will be left with only women. Perhaps Maynard has realised this and is striving to fix the problem with our two sexual chromosones.

"I wanna feel the metamorphosis and cleansing I've endured within my shadow. Change is coming. Now is my time. Listen to my muscle memory. Contemplate what I've been clinging to. Forty-six and two ahead of me. I choose to live and to grow, take and give and to move, learn and love and to cry, kill and die and to be paranoid and to lie, hate and fear and to do what it takes to move through. I choose to live and to lie, kill and give and to die, learn and love and to do what it takes to step through. See my shadow changing, stretching up and over me soften this old armor."

Here Maynard talks about cleansing: removing the old, mutated Y chromosone. Clinging to: we've been keeping, as males, a mutated Y chromosone for a long time now. take and give: he's taken a mutated Y and is giving a solution perhaps? soften this old armor: one of the solutions would be to use ovum:ovum cloning to produce babies, perhaps this is a reference to how males are generally introverted in their feelings and by becoming female he would soften his emotional armor.

I think my theory is pushing it abit, even if it is chronologically viable. If it is, it just goes to show how some things can be timeless and apply to anything if you look at it in the right light, and select the correct parts.

23 chromosomes per each half, or sex (male and female=2); 23+23=46 by two aspects (2). most, if not all of our parents contributed 22 chromosones each, by way of one male half and one female half. (44+2; where we collectively are now)
research drunvalo melchezidek and the christ-consciousness grid, if you want something to help you understand what this really means. i know these posts are for people's opinions, but tool gives reccomended reading material for research on pertainent topics, not just fun time with books.

if you listen closely, you can hear in the bridge, the word "you" overlapped with the word "to" which makes the words say
"I choose to live and you/to
Grow, take and give and you/to
Move, learn and love and you/to
Cry, kill and die and you/to
Be paranoid and you/to
Lie, hate and fear and you/to
Do what it takes to move through."
it's kind of like instructions, or even a prediction to push it further,
which fit my theme of the whole album being a guide to and reflection of giving yourself an "ænima."

so, in a way, this song (that part of it, anyway) is about the problems encountered, or to be encountered when you confront/enter the/your shadow and try, not defeat it, but to
accept it and move or step through that blockage of evolution.
c.g. jung's theory of the shadow, it is HIS concept you know,
is defined as the rejected part of your personality; everything you don't like and don't want to or can't admit about yourself. as hidden as it is, it still influences and controls you.
read more of jung to understand and utilise this concept...

this overlapping of words appears in many songs, like eulogy for example.
"you had a lot to say..." it's hearing your Own eulogy. ketamine causes an out-of-body phenomenon; a near-death experience.
proper ketamine administration is listed in the liner notes for a reason...

paraflux
12-09-2003, 02:12 PM
I have heard more and more about these ketamine liner notes, but very few people seem to notice the writing in the negative spaces on that same page. Read between the lines, the title track says.

corps d'allumen
12-09-2003, 07:11 PM
if you've ever used ketamine properly, with properly being the stressed word, you would understand a bit more about what you want to understand. ketamine has been in use longer than that cd has been in use. i don't really care about the liner notes, or the 'writing in the negative spaces' (whatever that means). if anything at all, the ketamine references are an insight to the attitude of the album, if you're not into drugs or at least willing to try something to increase your insight of yourself. research people's experiences w/ ketamine; research yourself with anything you can. the answers to everything aren't in a cd. and the phrase "reading between the lines" isn't literal. it means that something has a deeper meaning than what is initally perceived.
MJI

paraflux
12-10-2003, 08:53 AM
What makes you think I want to understand anything, or that I dont already understand anything? I didnt say anything to you or at you. I was simply referring to the liner notes as discussed. If you were to actually try to understand what is meant by "writing in negative spaces" you might "understand a bit more about what you want to understand..." (???). I dont say that ketamine references are not an insight into the attitude of the record, but I dont think you have to take ketamine to understand that, either. I personally took acid and that was enough for me. The phrase "read between the lines" is effected differently from the rest of the vocals, making that part of the song stand out from the rest. While keeping with the rest of the song, no, it isnt literal. But by itself, standing out, it is. I am aware of the nonliteral meaning of the phrase.

I went through this with SFJ. Why do ketamine users get so defensive and paranoid that others are directly attacking their drug use? I simply do not understand that.

AllforUnity
12-11-2003, 07:48 AM
l don't see how at all it's a "fact"...l still don't agree with the whole Chromosome theory crap. There's not enough proof. Yeah, we have 46 Chromosomes, 23 pair...But big deal. Maynard could have 46 or something that makes him feel like writing a song about it, or something. The song talks more about mutation, or mitosis/mieosis than it does about regular Chromosomes.

paraflux
12-11-2003, 08:34 AM
...female is a lot more flexible...

Some would say a lot less focused, easily distracted, i.e. a woman in an SUV on her cell phone has a higher risk of causing an accident.

AllforUnity
12-13-2003, 12:32 AM
That's just as bad as a male in a sports car going 120 down the Highway on his cell phone.

paraflux
12-16-2003, 09:48 AM
I would say anyone going 120 in any car with or without a cell phone is a risk.

IC
01-04-2004, 02:10 PM
ok 46 & 2 is supposed to refer to some higher level of consienceness, but some grasses have 112 & 2 chromosomes...so yea

radmanics
01-04-2004, 02:52 PM
l don't see how at all it's a "fact"

I did say "seems", as in, mostly whenever anyone suguests something else, a lot of posts in reply refer to jung, and the shadow etc. I was meerly offering another alternative, which I'm not even sure if it's chronologically possible yet, which noone has confirmed for me yet :p

Triangular_Vision
01-12-2004, 01:39 AM
ok 46 & 2 is supposed to refer to some higher level of consienceness, but some grasses have 112 & 2 chromosomes...so yea

when will you people learn that numbers have nothing to do with the final output of the dna, it is the ingredients that make the final product. I could have 400 chromosones and be a slug on a leaf, or have 30 and be a super human, you never know.

Triangular_Vision
01-12-2004, 01:41 AM
I would say anyone going 120 in any car with or without a cell phone is a risk.

good point!

MindAsh
05-05-2004, 12:31 AM
I just came into a new insight from a good friend

"I think a lot of the differences between men and women can be accounted to the higher density of nerves in women's corpus callosum. In men, both hemispheres of the brain function almost independently... It isn't quite so with women...Compare that to the fact that women can multitask a lot better than men... Also the male thought process is basically very focused, while the female is a lot more flexible. Women can associate concepts that men would not think to associate because their minds are partitioned. That is why sometimes women do not make sense to you, or seem complex"

Agenesis of Corpus Callosum (http://my.webmd.com/content/healthwise/48/11821.htm?lastselectedguid={5FE84E90-BC77-4056-A91C-9531713CA348})

what would it mean if you were in the middle of these 2 ways of thinking but male? a happy medium so to speak.

AllforUnity
05-06-2004, 06:50 AM
l wasn't talking about JUST your theory. l like yours better than most.

ÆnimaticEnigma
05-09-2004, 04:30 PM
l don't see how at all it's a "fact"...l still don't agree with the whole Chromosome theory crap. There's not enough proof. Yeah, we have 46 Chromosomes, 23 pair...But big deal. Maynard could have 46 or something that makes him feel like writing a song about it, or something. The song talks more about mutation, or mitosis/mieosis than it does about regular Chromosomes.

Maybe he's adding 46 balls onto his sack?

but seriously, I agree. At first I was like "well it's gotta be it,blahblahblah" Now I think thats just the overtow, and in this case, the overtow is what should be the undertow(have I lost you yet?) I think this song is about evolving on another plane; changing into another state of mind or something. The video of Stinkfist shook my interpretation of this CD up a lot.

H.Cornerstone
05-10-2004, 08:56 PM
I dont think it has anything to do with Chromosomes per se, because it has been proven that extra chromosomes cause defections in human beings, I.E. kids who are mentally challenged. Humans need 46 chromosomes to be normal humans, anything else is considered a defect.

I will agree with the people that it is about Human Evolution in some way, maybe not superhumans, but just changing who we are as human beings, like the song Aenema.

radmanics
05-23-2004, 02:00 AM
l wasn't talking about JUST your theory. l like yours better than most.

Fair enough.

what would it mean if you were in the middle of these 2 ways of thinking but male? a happy medium so to speak.

You'd be a hermaphrodite? Apparently there's quite a few.. 1 in every 300,000 I think the C4 program said? I missed it though so I dunno much. Mentally and Physically both genders though; ask a hermaphrodite your question Mind?

Halfempty/full
05-23-2004, 12:37 PM
I dont think it has anything to do with Chromosomes per se, because it has been proven that extra chromosomes cause defections in human beings, I.E. kids who are mentally challenged. Humans need 46 chromosomes to be normal humans, anything else is considered a defect.

But that's because there are 3 chromosomes on a chromosome-pair instead of 2. In the title the 2 is separated from the other 46, to show he's singing about a new pair of chromosomes, if the song really is about chromosomes. So this song is not about retardation.

quasiperiodica
05-29-2004, 06:52 PM

am i the only one who is a bit bothered by how he always spells "chromosome" wrong?

Christoff
08-14-2004, 03:36 PM
My God it amazes me that none of you have yet to discover that evolution has no scientific basis whatsoever! This song isn't about us gaining two extra chromosomes - that is an impossibility! Don't take it so fucking literally! As serious as MJK's messages are and how 'important' they are to humanity, they are still dosed with a large dollop of dark, even black humour. Don't forget this.

Iwasneverhere
08-14-2004, 04:57 PM

Ignore this post. I made a mistake.