PDA

View Full Version : Digitech?

baphomet
11-25-2003, 10:40 AM
Any thoughts on the company?

How about the new XP series pedals?
I bought two of the cheaper ones over the summer (tone driver and compression) and got a DigiDelay free. The delay is fantastic, 4 seconds, reverse delay, tape emulation... sounds really good, too.

Now they're doing an offer where if you buy a Whammy pedal, you can pick up any one XP pedal for free.

I know many artists use the Whammy...anybody here use it? Is it worth the investment?

Also:
Alot of people think DigiTech's sound quality is pure crap...but the tone driver sounds really good running through my Carvin MTS amp, and their delay is probably the best single pedal of its kind on the market. Should I avoid buying any other pedals from them?

Sorry for the rambling post, I'm just curious what you think.

All-One-Mind
11-25-2003, 11:08 AM
Any thoughts on the company?

How about the new XP series pedals?
I bought two of the cheaper ones over the summer (tone driver and compression) and got a DigiDelay free. The delay is fantastic, 4 seconds, reverse delay, tape emulation... sounds really good, too.

Now they're doing an offer where if you buy a Whammy pedal, you can pick up any one XP pedal for free.

I know many artists use the Whammy...anybody here use it? Is it worth the investment?

Also:
Alot of people think DigiTech's sound quality is pure crap...but the tone driver sounds really good running through my Carvin MTS amp, and their delay is probably the best single pedal of its kind on the market. Should I avoid buying any other pedals from them?

Sorry for the rambling post, I'm just curious what you think.

their vocal pedals are decent. I have the Vx400 and it is totally customizable. I can also hook it up to my PC via USB and re-program the damn thing. It's pretty nice.

psilomind
11-25-2003, 05:06 PM
Hard to say if they're better or worse than other companies. Basically:

Zooms sound better than DigiTechs
DigiTechs are more reliable than Zooms
Bosses are more reliable and better sounding than both, but expensive as fuck

So, it all depends on what you want.

Choler
11-25-2003, 05:52 PM
are you a guitar or bass player? my friend plays the bass and he bought the digitech whammy and he does some pretty tricky stuff with it, I guess it all depends on how creative and how much time you spend playing with it. But it was a mouthfull of money to buy.

baphomet
11-25-2003, 06:11 PM
I play guitar.
The Whammy is pretty expensive. That's really the only reason I haven't picked one up.

I keep hearing that... I'll look at some Bosses next time I go to a guitar center. I think I'd rather get a few really good sounding effects than lots of mediocre-sounding pedals.

I might have lucked out with the DigiTechs I bought--the Tone Driver especially has a really round tone, and you can morph between boss and ibanez tube screamer emulations. They sound convincing.

holy reality
11-27-2003, 12:06 PM
i played on a friends digitech RP and it sucked... the power adapter broke from it, he went to the store to get a new one on the way to pick me up (we were meeting up in california last summer) we got home, and of course, they gave him the wrong adapter....

well, once we got it working it didn't sound too great, granted it made his small little crate or whatever it is sound way better... and it was okay, but it wasn't very flexible to me, and the expression pedal was worthlss and could not be used to express yourself... it was all rigid and stuff...

overall i wasn't too impressed.

OftenLost
12-06-2003, 01:13 PM

Wrong, Digitech are much better sounding than Boss. Especially the Delay and Chorus.

deviatedwolf625
12-06-2003, 02:37 PM
I've never been impressed with digitech gear OftenLost. I don't think they give you quite the control the Boss stompboxes do, and from my experience, don't have quite the quality of sound that Boss has.

Maybe I'm just a gargantuan bigoted Boss fan though.

GernBlanston
12-09-2003, 01:24 AM
I've never been impressed with digitech gear OftenLost. I don't think they give you quite the control the Boss stompboxes do, and from my experience, don't have quite the quality of sound that Boss has.

Maybe I'm just a gargantuan bigoted Boss fan though.
no shit. i'm the same way. i need to pick up a Boss DDelay pedal because i'm planning on phasing out my dod delay (finally gone to shit). plus, the range in delay on Boss pedals covers anything i would ever need.

i'll probably stick to single pedals forever unless i end up actaully building a serious rack. but thats where software comes in handy.