PDA

View Full Version : Most Certainly Something

Digital Dreamer
12-15-2002, 02:38 PM
Upon careful listening and mentions from others, i have found that yes it is true.; something is being murmered at 1:54 on this track. Any ideas what it could be? Anyone with equipement that could alter the sound to reveal the message? let me know...... by the way bass seems to bring it out more.... though it could just be me....

FuckingCode
01-06-2003, 05:11 PM
There is a voice on this track. It's not as long as the one on
(-)ions but it is there nonetheless. That makes two hidden messages I've heard on this album (go to my title track post for the other one).

Digital Dreamer
01-06-2003, 05:31 PM
First of all, Is there really a voice on (-) ions? If so where is it? and secondly where is the other voice on lateralus?

FuckingCode
01-06-2003, 07:50 PM
Listen about 3:30 into (-)ions. After a thunder clap a voice can be heard about 10 seconds. I recommend using headphones. If you do, it's clear as day.

On Lateralus (track 9), I heard some kind of muffled grunt/yell 3:35 in (after "watch it bend...), though I'm sure it's not musical feedback, I don't know if it's a voice or just background noise.

Ahnijson_films
01-08-2003, 05:32 PM
I don't mean to say that TooL doesn't put a lot of thought and such into everything in their work... but...

There is a band I know of that have quite toolish leanings, and they have some odd screams in the backgrounds of things. Nothing you can really discern or even tell it's there for the most part, it is just added as sort of an ambiance type thing. Like, you can't tell it's a scream or talking necessarily without close inspection, but it is there as another layer. Kind of like a guitarist putting in harmonics. You can't really tell what notes he is playing or ever really that they are there, but they are, quite subtly, and just added for extra layers.

Now, it is pretty probable that it is Maynard or even the other members saying something, but it is probably not really a "secret message" so to speak. It is probably just lines of the song repeating (in the case of lateralus) or something to that effect. Important I guess, but not any more important than the other parts of the song and not intended to be big and secretive.

Just my thoughts-

Scobularni
01-08-2003, 07:26 PM
Well in my boredom tonight I played around with that part of the song, got the sample pretty clear, removed the guitar, sped it up, decreaed it, played it backwards, everything. the best i could work out was

"I La de da de da"

It's probably just ambience. Ah well.

Traveller
01-15-2003, 10:14 PM
if you listen to papabol with headphones, about halfway through you can quite clearly discern some sort of low drawn out chanting. sorta like tibetan monks.(gyoto monks of tibet) I think maybe they're even saying words in a different language and I would be very interested to know what they are.