PDA

View Full Version : album themes

captainspunk
12-15-2002, 02:25 PM
i see two prevailing themes to this album: water and the animal kingdom.

water: 1. the albums name is undertow
2. tracks include "undertow" "swamp song" and "flood"
3. each of these tracks involves the water engulfing or overtaking someone. this seems to be another underlying theme of the album, represented by the recurring theme of water.
4. a theme i also see is that water = change. while you may feel overwhelmed by it, it has the capacity to change your life possibly for the better.

animals: 1. anus cow
2. rib cage
3. displays of nude humans, representing natural form of the animal called man
4. pig
5. "lamb and martyr"
6. "i will find a center in you, i will chew it up and leave" much like a virus or worm
7. sheep noises in disgustipated: as everyone says "alleluliah" the sheeps get louder. sheep is often used to represent those who blindly follow.
8. "let the rabbits wear glasses"
9. life feeds on life is a concept found often in the animal kingdom

volcano lance
01-10-2003, 12:45 PM
The water one has been known for a while, but the animal one is new to me.

vl

forty6n2
02-02-2003, 02:37 PM
ive noticed the water theme. but what do all the animal references mean?

Windowlicker
02-03-2003, 02:48 AM
i always see it as a sort of cult-farm society cd. a countryside cd or something

CharcolFlame
02-08-2003, 10:10 PM
no shit with the water but the animal thing is mor metaphorical this is prooven in the stuff u listed like the lamb and the martyr etc... also i forget but i think that i red someware(may b in the faq) that maynard was playin for a cult 1nce and he was bahing like sheep to piss em off or w.e

Sora
02-17-2003, 05:50 PM
I think the animal parts are taken out of context. Just because an animal is mentioned doesn't mean the album is about nature..dig deeper.

Keep that in mind at all times, thank you...