PDA

View Full Version : Light

Titan
11-24-2003, 05:02 AM
Hmmm, this is just a theory but i believe a lot of lateralus has references to spetrum of light, light has so much power in the universe and i also believe lateralus encorporates this.

You have reflection. the character feels the million light reflections pass over him from a higher source, the light representing energy of the universe.

You have schism which is about communication, light has been used as a communication medium e.g fibre optics (i know a stretch.) and light is the communication between electrons, and electrons are a major control of the chemistry of elements in the universe.

aeon blue and lateralus, Blue, Red and Yellow, and you may link triad to it.

Since some believe the grudge is about god and absolute good and evil, and god not seeing in between,and therefore holding a grudge with mankind, only good or evil, theres choose 1 or 10 .... in lateralus it says "black and white are all i see in my infancy" , once again, the grudge at the start (infancy.) and about absolutes, black and white, 1 and 10.

somebody please stop me before i hurt myself.

Windir
11-24-2003, 05:20 AM
somebody please stop me before i hurt myself.

*stops Titan for hurting himself*

Anyway... all the things you just said could be a coinfidence, but you never know with Tool.
It could also be that they try to get you on a wrong path with this and that the real meaning is the opposite of what you just stated.

We will never know the true meaning of this, but I like your thoughts on it.
It's good that people still think about the meaning for albums/songs.

We won't give up hope.

JTCrace
11-24-2003, 09:30 AM
You might have already read this, but here is an interview where Maynard specifically refers to light in a spiritual sense. He also says a bunch of other interesting shit:

http://www.cdicarlo.com/paper_04maynard.htm

For me, light is energy. And didn't Einstein already prove that this universe is in fact made up of differrent manifestations of energy with his famous equation? But one is led to ask the question, who's light is it really? Or more appropriately, who or what is postulating the energy? And before the energy, who is postulating the space for the energy to persist in? Some of course will say, "God. Who else you fucking moron?" But I have a problem with that sort of answer. To me it's a cop-out. It can also act as an invalidation of one's self, which is probably the most awful thing that can ever happen to anyone. What if the individual (Self) is the one postulating the space and energy? What if the individual is really the one responsible for these postulations? But if we all knew this, and could control this, then that wouldn't be any fun. No, what makes life fun is barriers. So to play the game one would have to pretend that one HAS to play the game; that we are mere players on God's playing field. It's not my light, it's God's light. By the way, anybody gotta light?

Matter Specter
11-24-2003, 10:06 PM
http://toolshed.down.net/opinion/forum/showthread.php?t=5395

Matter Specter
11-24-2003, 10:16 PM
Eon _ An indefinate period of TIME . . i think the songs are saying that our present view of thought is expressed by the colour blue (which is black and white thinking , ( positive/negitive) . ) : Laturalus is saying blue is a prime way of thinking untill your thought becomes further developed . (red yellow) .

BEYOND: the thought of positive // negitive expressed ( appropriately i might add) as the colour blue :

Titan
11-26-2003, 12:10 AM
actually matter specter blue would be the optimal way to think if you think about it, blue is a higher frequency vibration of colour, therefore 'yellow and red' thinking would be inferior.

Matter Specter
11-26-2003, 04:00 PM
actually Titan you have offerd more to my interpretation than you think .

and again _ my interpretation has very little to do with actaul colour .
i could contribute a triangle with point A,B and C . . the point hold s _

Titan
11-26-2003, 04:43 PM
.... and you underestimate my knowledge of physics and the nature of light.

Colour of light is determined by vibrational frequency, hell all or most energy in the universe is vibrations, sound, heat, and yes, definately light, hell magnetism and electricity is just movement of electrons through a highly conductive medium.

Einstein basically proved that energy and matter is interchangeable, so when someone tells you we are all made out of light, believe them, but know we are also made out of other energies propagating through 'aeons' of time.

The world we see is only a beautiful illusion, we are eternal all this pain is an illusion ;)

Matter Specter
11-27-2003, 09:35 PM
im not ignorant of every thing you said . . i have ben studying opticts for several years now .

again you have made your ignorance mine .

and im done with this foolish display : : done : :

Titan
11-29-2003, 03:46 PM
what ever lets you sleep at night.