PDA

View Full Version : the lyrics within...

jcnexus
11-21-2003, 04:10 PM
I just listened to the song and although this may seem a little obvious, my theory is TooL made it sound like some sort of Nazi Rally because of their "don't believe everything you hear" thing. We associate German with Nazis, so we (or more likely parents) think that the song is bad somehow, and throwing in that sort of "industrial metal" sound doesn't exactly help lighten things up. So when we (or again, most likely the parents) here the German and Metal, we think bad (especially with "Satan" in the title), but its really just an innocent recipe for, apparently, some very bad cookies.

Urei
12-13-2003, 12:58 AM
This song was a very original idea and Americans stereotype Germans for being a loud and angry people so they took advantage to trick our minds into believing this was a meaningful speech from a German general to his men(Beyond stereotyping there) and not just a harmless reading of a cookie recipe. (though containing a "special ingredient")

Once again a very original idea and my opinion on it.

Edit: Just realized how much this statement is like the above. Hopefully this adds to it a little and this isn't just another spammed eyesore.

svet-am
03-21-2004, 03:15 PM
I believe that both Danny and Maynard have touched on this in various interviews, though I can't remember which ones...

Message to Harry Manback sounds very romantic and sweet in its Italian (the language of Love). It has the whispy music in the background with the birds and all and is generally very peaceful. However, the actual words are very far from innocent and polite.

Die Eier von Satan sounds very angry and mechanical and powerful. However, the actual words are very innocuous and have absolutely nothing to do with hate or the emotions brought to bear by context.

I think that these two segues are *supposed* to counter-balance each other and remind us to THINK about what we hear and be very careful of the assumptions that we make.

AllforUnity
03-23-2004, 08:25 PM
Who are you people?

Orph8998
05-04-2004, 02:37 PM
i think this is simmilar to 667, by soundgarden, makign fun of subliminal messages