PDA

View Full Version : Yet My Humble Opinion

HumbleOne
11-19-2002, 12:54 PM
I'm not going to tell you what I think that Maynard is trying to say I'm going to tell you what I take from the song looking as if I were to write these words myself.

Everything that we have to deal with in life coming from complete idiots, and how people can really mess with your emotions to such a point where everything you believe to be true about yourself falls apart, and it's not in due part by you, I see it as a step of doubting, yet finding resolution in yourself through all the shit they give you.

So you take everything the world has thrown at you, hence your piss and moans, but I don't feel like these would be expressed outwardly, it's something that stays inside, and that is what is burning up the soul, everything that you take that is anything, that would decied agasit what you know to be true the ugliness, and guilt, and hatred, all stuffed down your throat makes you feel dead inside such as is stated although you know it to be a lie, and all such negitive things of course have no space in the upper realms of life and thus forth will "end" up at the "bottom". These all point to a section of hopelessness, but deep down we know otherwise.

When we start talking about repairing what is broken in the song, it's a fight within myself, although it may seem like a reference to someone or something else, it's all inside, your body, your soul, your mind. This in my opinion is a song to say what a lot of people want to hear, and I feel that Maynard really feels and know condriditory otherwise to how some would percieve his words, but then again that's just me and I could be wrong.

The HumbleOne

grungebass1029
11-19-2002, 01:50 PM
You have a really good way of looking at it. Ive alaways sort of argued with myself about the songs meaning and have had a few thoughts. But...the way you see it makes so much more sense, and its all very true how people fuck with you and make you feel "dead inside".