PDA

View Full Version : 46 made of 2

insecure_d3lusions
11-29-2014, 01:58 PM
When I was about 10, I was told that this song was (no joke) about the sperm cell hitting the egg. The sperm will go through metamorphasis, and each cell has 23 chromosomes. 46 of them made from 2 cells. I see no reason to invalidate this claim, but Jungian theory is also plausible.

iamjoey31
12-09-2014, 08:28 PM
Seems legit. I like that idea. I also like the Jungian theory of it
I myself try to find a deep personal meaning with all of Tool's song because I feel if you just find a way that everyone interprets the song then it becomes less personal. But this is a good idea nonetheless. :)

Malaclypse
12-09-2014, 09:45 PM
theres a book that inspired 46 & 2 called Nothing in This Book is True, But That's Exactly How Things Are by Bob Frissell. good book. talks about the next step in evolution - christ consciousness - being at the next chromosomal level (our ancient ancestors were 42 & 2, we are 44 & 2, and the next step is 46 & 2)

TheChosenOne
12-17-2014, 07:22 AM
potatoes and Orangutans have 48 chromosomes which means we will all evolve into potato monkeys!

iamjoey31
12-23-2014, 06:46 PM
potatoes and Orangutans have 48 chromosomes which means we will all evolve into potato monkeys!

YES!

iAMtheMA!
12-23-2014, 09:06 PM
it's where you can read something more about it, but i don't think "nothing..." (the book) inspired 46&2... also, most of everything bob frissell wrote about (in that and other books, including "you are a spiritual being...") were elaborations of things he learned from drunvalo melchizedek.

and if you read any of drunvalo's books, you'd know that he doesn't hesitate to remind you (on nearly every page) that got his shit straight from the ancient egyptian god (from the land o' khem) ...THOTH. which... i mean...

but they're all fun reads, and fine enough brain candy if you don't mind going at lengths to speculate. which is what we do - or should do - with everything anyway, right? never land firm, be the doubting st.thomas ("don't know, won't know..."), with a grain of salt here, grain of salt there. idk: mull it over, ferment, drink up, and party.

iAMtheMA!
12-23-2014, 09:40 PM
the ancient secret of the flower of life, by drunvalo melchizedek
1 (http://www.themeasuringsystemofthegods.com/The%20Secret%20The%20Flower%20of%20Life%20(vol.1). pdf) < search online for pdf rotater (why it's like that i've no idea)
2 (http://www.themeasuringsystemofthegods.com/The-Secret-of-the-Flower-of-Life-Vol2.pdf)

Malaclypse
12-23-2014, 10:06 PM
oh, you mean it was probably added (to the tool reading list) to clear up the meaning of the song, but not actually the source? i could see that. i just made a quick connection that didnt seem like too drastic of a logical jump...

for some reason, those pdfs arent working on my iphone, ill have to check them out when i get back home after the holidays.

iAMtheMA!
12-23-2014, 10:53 PM
ooo, yeah .. ..:pulls collar: eeesh. ...pdfs prolly don't do well on phones.

in looking into it, seems drunvalo's were published in 1999/2000, and bob's came out in 1994, which was when tool was touring (and working on aenima) ...so i'm not sure the chronology that led to the song. but drunvalo was communicating these ideas to frissell before either got published.

i'm guessing the information has been around for a while, in some capacity. plenty of people (who've never heard of tool, frissell, or drunvalo) ...know about sacred geometry, jungian philosophy, various chakra meditations, breathing exercises, the mer-ka-ba, etc. don't know about 46&2 (as a term) though - i've only heard about that from tool, frissell, and drunvalo. jung didn't use that term or mention chromosome-anything (i don't think); his stuff was more concerned with the shadow/animus "side" of it.

but yeah, the books are collections of occulted knowledge, lesser known peculiarities, and fantastical phenomenon's of nature ...to just ...make us curious. all three sources are packed with topics that go all over the place. but what for? what's the intention here? after all, this stuff goes deep into NEW AGE hipdippery territory (in fact, that's the bookstore section you'll find these in, heh - duh).

drunvalo/frissell both do retreats, seminars, lectures - sometimes together. i think that's all they do. i'd imagine, in order to stand up there and have so much randomness seem at least somewhat comprehensible (let alone convincing) ... it would require an elaborate itinerary/outline, powerpoints, etc. before long, you'd have enough tidbits of information ...to publish something. thing is, they never really "hit it home" ...like, at any time; it's all just jumping-off points (of curiosity) that pretty much require a lengthy Q&A sesh. they feel like brochures almost.

you know new-agers ...that market is ripe (still).