PDA

View Full Version : Who is L Ron Hubbard?

Cylith
11-12-2003, 10:36 AM
I know this may sound stupid, but I don't know who L Ron Hubbard is. I briefly skimmed throught the FAQ, and found him mentioned, but not who he was. This leads me to believe that I'm either not good at finding things, and it IS in the FAQ...or that the answer is obvious (just not obvious to me).

Can anyone tell me who he is? (Preferably without being mean about it.) Thank you.

Windir
11-12-2003, 10:40 AM
Search through Google:
http://www.aboutlronhubbard.org/

Cylith
11-12-2003, 05:30 PM
Thanks for the link Windir!

I'm still have a question though: Why does Maynard say "Fuck L Ron Hubbard, and fuck all his clones." This seems to indicate that Maynard doesn't like Hubbard...but based on what I read, it seems their ideals have a lot of similarities. I don't understand. Could someone please clarify?

neochrist
11-12-2003, 06:42 PM
i dont think maynard likes l ron hubbard because the people that follow him, do it blindly, which maynard often speaks against, this guy made his own religion and told everybody that it was the way and they should follow him, a lot of the followers are celebrities, and i dont think he likes them either, when maynard played at a function for these people who looked out upon the crowd and said "baaaa", calling them sheep, so in conclusion, i dont think there like.

Windir
11-13-2003, 08:54 AM
Thanks for the link Windir!

Your welcome...

P.S. I think neochrist explained your question quit good.

Cylith
11-14-2003, 01:52 PM
i dont think maynard likes l ron hubbard because the people that follow him, do it blindly, which maynard often speaks against, this guy made his own religion and told everybody that it was the way and they should follow him, a lot of the followers are celebrities, and i dont think he likes them either, when maynard played at a function for these people who looked out upon the crowd and said "baaaa", calling them sheep, so in conclusion, i dont think there like.

Is that why Maynard doesn't seem to like Jesus Christ very much? I could be wrong about that, of course, but it seems that way too me. It seems like Maynard is a spiritual person, but that he doesn't like organized religion. Any thoughts or insights?

reddish
11-14-2003, 02:32 PM
Organized Religions too often become businesses, often slowing the spiritual growth of their followers to better the church. Maynard probably dislikes Hubbard for starting the Church of Scientology. COS sues its critics, costs ridiculous amounts of money to join, and does little to nothing for its members.

"Writing for a penny a word is ridiculous. If a man really wants to make a million dollars, the best way would be to start his own religion" -Reader's Digest, May 1980; L. Ron Hubbard

Cylith
11-15-2003, 05:18 PM
"Writing for a penny a word is ridiculous. If a man really wants to make a million dollars, the best way would be to start his own religion" -Reader's Digest, May 1980; L. Ron Hubbard

Oooooh! Nice insight there! Thank you reddish.

JTCrace
11-17-2003, 11:34 AM
First of all, this is the wrong place to ask someone's opinion on the man known as L. Ron Hubbard. If you will notice, everyone seems to be blindly regurgatating God's (Maynard's) opinion. But, you ask, what about the quote from Reader's Digest? Obviously, L. Ron Hubbard is money-hungry. But did you happen to read the the surrounding passages of the article? It's honestly not that hard to take something out of context and use it for one's own agenda. In fact, one could easily do with any one of Maynard's lyrics and/or interviews. What if L. Ron Hubbard was referring to everyone's willingness to buy their way into heaven? What if he was just pointing out that supposed reilgious leaders make a little too much money? Or maybe, he's just fucking money-hungry--I guess one would just have to sacrifice some time and energy to research and really seek out the truth.

If one really wanted to find out the real scoop on Hubbard, maybe it would be a good idea to listen to someone who personally spent time with him. Go to freezoneamerica.org and download "Excalibur Revisited" by Geoffrey Filbert. Geoff actually helped begin the technology known as Dianetics and Scientology. He left the Church in 1967 for a variety of reasons. He can tell you exactly what happened to Hubbard, why the man went fucking crazy and all that shit. In the book, you will find a very unbaised opinion of Hubbard and you might also come across some extremely powerful information in the process.

I have come to realize that people are full of all sorts of crazy, hidden standards. For instance, many people think that if a person is crazy they cannot possess any knowledge--bullshit. What if tomorrow you read in the newspaper that Maynard was a crack-addict and there are vidoetapes to prove it? Would it affect your opinion of the man's art? I would seriously hope not. A homeless person on the street may have more meaningful things to say than a Harvard philosophy professor. "Think for yourself, Question authority (and yes, Maynard is an authority figure)."

reddish
11-17-2003, 08:30 PM
The quote summed up my view point on organized religion. That's why I used it. Sorry if I implied something else. Anyway here's my opinion on Hubbard:

Hubbbard:Church of Scientology::Jesus Christ:Catholicism

Cylith
11-18-2003, 12:09 PM
In the book, you will find a very unbaised opinion of Hubbard and you might also come across some extremely powerful information in the process. "

unbaised? is that possible?

JTCrace
11-18-2003, 02:05 PM
With Geoff, an unbiased opinion might very well be possible.

Cylith
11-19-2003, 09:46 AM
unbaised? is that possible?

I always thought that the minute you learn something, the person that you are effects the way you see it. If you learn something about a person, you judge that person within yourself (whether you want to or not). So to be unbaised about a particular person, you would have to not know anything about them. (Even something simple like his/her name.) I'm not saying this is "True no matter what!" Not by any means...It's just what I think, and I'm not sure how it could work otherwise.

JTCrace
11-19-2003, 10:26 AM
Believe me, what you're saying is very interesting. You're right, a completely unbiased opinion is not possible. However, what if we aren't talking about an opinion, what if we are talking about direct observation that is scientifically provable? An objective opinion you could say. Anyways, correct me if I am wrong, but you began this post to learn more about L. Ron Hubbard. I suggested you read something that will help you along your goal. This "unbiased opinion" stuff seems to be getting in the way of your supposed desire to learn something about the man.

radmanics
11-26-2003, 10:19 AM
Knowing nothing about Hubbard... maybe he started believing in his own, money making, religion and went mad.. sort of like Hitler. (marvelous man other than his racist views and until he believed his own propoganda).