PDA

View Full Version : My other theory

Mslash68
11-11-2003, 07:36 PM
Here is what this cd means to me, from what I have seen in th visions in my head, and the feelings and pain I have felt.
The grudge
The struggle between the listener and the music. Maynard is using his voice to delve into the depths of your mind. He is also guiding your mind along the paths he chooses, planting subconscious thoughts, to be reflected on later. Mainly the music is beating into your brain through the layers to the core. pounding deeper and deeper, controlling your thoughts, but the ending will be up to you, either negative or positive, it is your choice.
then, let go, let go, let go of your mind and thoughts, let them drift down the river that is the path of the music.
I can see more but it is hard to put into words

The patient,
the calm that settles the spirit, a different approach to the depths of the mind. A counter to the pounding of before. The setting up of what is to come, the sucking beings that will
feast on your vulnerable mind. also the beginning of the mantra, to keep you centered in the madness.
I must keep reminding myself of this...
and a hint to the pain ahead

Schism
this is really the beginning of the peeling of the mind, the falling away of the pieces of the mind, and mentioning that they do not feel pity for the victims

Parabol/a
this is the opening of the mind to the space on the other side. It is like the top of your head vanishes, and that is the connection between the worlds, or possibly the entrance to our world. telling you this is real, giddy with the sense of wonder at the visions,
you feel blown away by the sights and the space with a tremedous awe overflowing. Almost brings you tears it is so beautiful. also the reminder that you are not alone, there are other here, somewhere waiting.....
also the rest of the mantra for later
all this pain is an illusion

ticks and leeches
here you are layed open. You have lost control of yourself, unable to stop what is about to come. First the hint at what is to come and the set up of the mind. Scorn for the victim for putting themselves in this situation, that is now out of their control.
The calm of the wind, that is really the calling of the beasts, the wind then becomes not the calling but the rush of the beasts as they gather around you, staring hungrily at your mind that is layed open before them. You can see them hovering over you, also see the saliva dripping in the hunger. Then the command to feast on you mind, SUUUUUUUUUUUCK! You can see the blood and brains as they lower themselves to you. No pain, just a feeling that you are missing a part of yourself, but not sure what part.

Lateralus
this is the beginning of the end. pointing out that you got yourself into this, letting you know that you do not know where this is heading. instilling the fear the will become deeper as you go. Or also hinting that if completely let go, you may be heading to the other side, trying to influence you to let go completely, almost pleading for you to listen to his voice, you are still alive, you can trust me, just let go and spiral out away from here, join me.
Also the begining of the spiral feeling, the swaying of the music

Disposition
you bore me, I know what you are thinking and you have no new thoughts, I am disgusted by you and your thoughts. Can you possibly think of something new to say, is it that difficult? This is also the calm before the storm

Reflection
large amount of scorn for the listener, telling you the future of the band, we are breaking up, the title comes to thought, later all, us. the guitars are the lament of crying. You can hear the laughter in the words, laughing at you and your state of mind/being.
the band can hear the end, the end calling, the guitars are crying for the end, sadness overwhelms you in this new found knowledge that this IS the end. you can hearing the guitars crying with you.
He tells you that they have to move on
before I pine away.
then the bomb shell
And you will come to find that we are all one mind
the knowledge that the whole band is in agreement, not just maynard. That these statements are the whole band's, more crying guitars
sit back and ponder these thoughts, this is it, this is the end of the band, no more after this.
then more crying guitars, as maynard and the band all take turns lamenting with you in the knowledge that they are also sad in this ending, but it must be. It has to end while they are still on top. They don't want to be has beens trying to refind old glories.

Triad
the crying guitars, now more mocking that anything, the music starts to take over. the now laughing guitars, your body starts to move, you can't control it, the music is controlling you, forcing you to spiral and twist slowly to the left, your right side goes numb, you feel what feels like you muscles tensing, it feels like your muscles are going to continue to contract to the point where your bones are going to break, to help you continue with the spiral, spiral, spiral, until the song ends with a SNAP. But there is no snap. But you are now completely tensed up, your mind is racing in the silence, you know you can't stop it. Your right side starts to relax finally, your muscles loosen, but then you feel like they are not loosening, they are shifting to continue with the manipulation of the bones. They tighten again, you need to stand up, but you know if you do, your right legs will not be able to hold your weight, and it will snap then. You really strat to freak out, then in the back of your mind, the mantra kicks in
I must keep reminding myself of this...
you keep telling yourself this over and over.
then a thought enters your mind. If I break the CD, this will all go away. As you pick it up, you can hear maynard telling you, break me and I break you, tis goes through you head over and over, you finally can't take it, and SNAP! But it is only the cd, not you.
several hours go by of this cycle, until finally you have started to get some control, nut you can still feel the hint, the visions of you brains being mashed and squished.
Until finally you fall asleep

There is more to this, but the visions are sometimes hard to put into words, feelings and thing forgotten may be left out.

dischordance
11-12-2003, 12:40 AM
Don't do drugs, kids.

corps d'allumen
11-13-2003, 03:03 PM
if drugs are what helps you through, then do them. just be ready to accept the consequences of your actions. this music is about your opinion and how it relates/affects you personally. do what you need to do, what it takes to step through and move beyond (the albums with their words?); they are just a catalyst for a change in you (hopefully for the better), not a template for what you think someone else wants you to be or discover. it urges you to find what you can be or what you can discover inside yourself. i appreciate mslash's opinion on how this music affects him/her.