PDA

View Full Version : New Subject for Musicians

The Village Too
12-13-2002, 08:51 PM
Dearest Toolthings,
I think it'd be a marvelous idea to create a new subject for the musicians that want to hook up and jam in the same area. This post has been deleted twice, so I'm writing with perfect application of the spelling and grammattical rules. This is a good idea, please, dear moderators, instead of closing it, please, oh pretty please, just reply to it, telling me what's wrong with it, and then lock it. This is most frustrating.

Alex

dan
12-14-2002, 12:35 PM
to the best of my knowledge, and without knowing what happened to he other thread(s), this is the Opinion section, not the "hey everyone living in xxxxx who wants to jam post here" section. the main focus of the opinion section is to discuss tool's work, not to socialize and set up meetings with each other.

if you want to meet email them. i doubt we will have a forum dedicated entirely to meeting people, although I speak only for myself and this may/may not be the official word from tdn.

wait and see.

The Village Too
12-14-2002, 01:33 PM
sorry dan i accidently posted one of them in the socialize section.

what i'm trying to get together is going to be like a socialize/art section, which both already exist, yet have little to nothing to do with tool a lot of the time. the same post in the socialize section got a lot of people going, and anysongs could be submited to the art section, if desired. it really sounds like a good idea to me. this isn't just a get musicians together, but get musicians together who are greatly influenced by this wonderful band.

"take this and make something of it" "make daddy proud" says maynard... i think this would help

alex

dan
12-14-2002, 10:57 PM
so, to summarize your request:

a forum that is a blend of socialize and arts: that would allow users to upload their music and share it with other users; that would allow users to meet other users and "jam" with them; to do things that aren't really tool-related at all, barring the point that you all like tool.

why not just email the people who've replied to your thread, start an account on mp3.com, and link to it from here?

maybe I'm just not realizing the scope of the idea?

The Village Too
12-15-2002, 08:17 AM
ehh i dunno

it worked elsewhere at a weezer forum. people love it

kinda like a classified ad, but at a weezer forum because they have a common interest.

it'd be too big a category for everyone put their classified ads in the interact section.

it'd be my recommendation, and the people have seen the interact post agree with it, so maybe we could give it a go

alex

porcelain anima
12-15-2002, 03:42 PM
i dont necessarily agree with the trading and socializing but a section about the music of tool from a musician's point of view would be just wonderful. although i might be the only one who would be on it..