PDA

View Full Version : musings..

luna
11-19-2002, 12:33 PM
it's quite a pleasure to see this triad of songs grouped as one. i for one often feel as though they should be treated as one beautiful journey.

damn, i sound like a hippie.

my apologies.

nonetheless, i for one feel that d/r/t is progression of enlightenment. growth is a painful and often lonely experience. there is peace in change. Blissful, terrifying serene peace.

ShackledEidolon
11-19-2002, 01:04 PM
Certainly,
Seems like Disposition is that desire for something to be beyond the scope of normal life. The mundane the numbing existence. That almost innate desire for there to be something greater then ourselves. Regardless of spiritual belief it is a request for that 'divinity' to show itself to reveal itself as it were. In short, it is a welcoming of whatever enlightenment will come. The start of a meditation perhaps...the weather changing is a change in the mindset. Reflections picks up from that point showing the lessons learned and the means by which this process took place. 'As bright as I am, this light is not my own' There is something greater and our individual ego's our personal minds are but reflections 'shards of light' of THE collective. I'm not Christian but... When you look in a mirror we are looking at a reflection or image. We are made in 'his' image. Then with the Triad it seems like the realization of this unity...this pure energy...complete and all encompassing. There are no words because words cannot define or describe this state...it is not possible to communicate because it is something that most are not equiped to understand being so foreign and "unnatural" from the norm. (see my post on triad for more)

The Border Line
11-20-2002, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by ShackledEidolon
Certainly,
Seems like Disposition is that desire for something to be beyond the scope of normal life. The mundane the numbing existence. That almost innate desire for there to be something greater then ourselves. Regardless of spiritual belief it is a request for that 'divinity' to show itself to reveal itself as it were. In short, it is a welcoming of whatever enlightenment will come. The start of a meditation perhaps...the weather changing is a change in the mindset. Reflections picks up from that point showing the lessons learned and the means by which this process took place. 'As bright as I am, this light is not my own' There is something greater and our individual ego's our personal minds are but reflections 'shards of light' of THE collective. I'm not Christian but... When you look in a mirror we are looking at a reflection or image. We are made in 'his' image. Then with the Triad it seems like the realization of this unity...this pure energy...complete and all encompassing. There are no words because words cannot define or describe this state...it is not possible to communicate because it is something that most are not equiped to understand being so foreign and "unnatural" from the norm. (see my post on triad for more)

Shackled, you never cease to amaze me.

And yeesh, it's only the second day.

luna
11-20-2002, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by ShackledEidolon
Certainly,

To link this to another thread in this section, these thoughts clearly connect into the quabbalistic aspects of this album as a whole. a journey to know yourself, to understand you are a part of the collective.. to comprehend this is to see we are capable of transcendance. Everything is connected. D/R/T feels much like a meditation to me, also.

The spiritual aspects of lateralus as a whole fascinate me. Seeing them perform this live only furthered this idea to me. Alex Grey's Sacred Mirrors, the septagrams, etc etc etc.

i believe i am rambling again.

heh.

ShackledEidolon
11-20-2002, 12:11 PM
One thing I find truly fascinating about peoples reactions to Lateralus all together is that most fail to see the spiritual connection. It seems impossible to me that someone could miss that. I suppose to the literal lyrics can be seen as something far simpler but like most great things there is a hidden message or path to take. Seems like the cover art, the alex grey paintings, Parabol/a video and interviews would solidify this concept in most peoples minds but after reading a lot of the posts on this forum I see people who are content with thinking that a song is about butt-f*cking pure and simple or purely sex...which of course is fine...but it seems like the big message is lost to them. Then again im not here to say anyone is wrong afterall these are opinions but I would like to think that we have some hope of stimulating one another to think deeper, dig deeper, and find the hidden.

I couldnt imagine listening to these three songs without having this basic concept in mind...

I encourage rambling...every post I have put on here has been rambling but in the chaos of free flowing thoughts and feelings and the subsequent shaping of those ideas by the group of bright individuals we come to find something more beautiful