PDA

View Full Version : Voices

Etamina
11-11-2003, 08:41 AM
Has anyone else heard those voices around the 11:00 minute mark in the song? If you listen real hard to the part right after Maynard sings "I opened my eye and there we were" (sounds like a bunch of whooping and stuff, but it is actually lyrics) you can hear what sounds like a clip from a movie. So far I can only pick out someone saying "Hey there!" "Hey!" ...(some other stuff)... "What are you talking about?"

It's really weird but you can hear if you try. I first noticed it last night when I was stoned and I wasn't sure if I really heard it. But I'm positive now. And also, I think there are voices in reverse during the "So good to see you once again, I thought that you were hiding, you thought that I had run away, chasing the tail of dogma."

I listened to the song again after I noticed that, but I wasn't able to pick any more voices. I don't think there is a whole lot to be gained from this aesthetically, but it kind of neat.

imtheism
11-12-2003, 10:24 PM
I dont hear any voices after "i opened my eye", but there is DEFINITELY (or inane whispering added for sound) ones that go from about 10:30-11:00. I hear a slight whooping during "i opened my eye", but it sounds more to me just like an effect added onto his voice.

There is also more whispering from about 11:35-11:50 - but thats fairly obvious.

Tantobourne
01-23-2004, 10:10 AM
Damn me for not having a better sound system but on my drive home last night I finally caught on to the whispering bit around the 10:30 mark. Once I got home I pulled the song from the CD and then loaded the wav file up to tweak it a bit. I snipped out that section and flipped it and stretched it but was too tired to fuck with it any more. Even after enhancing the vocals I couldn't make out shit.

After a while I thought it was a bit funny that I was hunched over my computer desk at midnight, backmasking a chunk of a song so I opted for the next reasonable course of action which was to go to bed.

Tantobourne
01-23-2004, 07:02 PM
tant, you're such a quitter! that's it tant.. go back to sleep, safe and ignorant * hehe

*sighs* okokok

3rd eye clip (http://www.one-resonance.net:52368/4rt/3rdeye.mp3)

Seeing as how I'm being cowed into staying awake and pressed into being in jeopardy and enlightened, I beat the shit out of the above clip.

If I knew the software better I might have come out with better results but a sound engineer I am not. I'll keep madly clicking and reverting until I find a happy medium.

I'd say what I think I hear which isn't much at all...not even a complete sentence....but I'll let other folks draw their conclusions first.

Metamorphosis
02-08-2004, 09:35 PM
I recall someone mentioning on a FAQ forum something about the message "Turn that shit down!!!" that sounded like it was yelled very loudly, but it was so quiet you had to turn the music right up to max to hear it, hence by doing so your music is so loud you think you heard someone yelling "Turn that shit down!!!"... it may be in a different song though, cant remember.

sickamongthepure
03-10-2004, 02:30 PM
The voice that says turn that shit down is in sober.

Luna Galapogos
03-10-2004, 07:21 PM
The voice that says turn that shit down is in sober.

Interesting, I'll have to try that sometime. I also like Nine Inch Nails by the way. I like your name.

newmoon2112
07-14-2004, 02:48 PM
Has anyone else heard those voices around the 11:00 minute mark in the song? If you listen real hard to the part right after Maynard sings "I opened my eye and there we were" (sounds like a bunch of whooping and stuff, but it is actually lyrics) you can hear what sounds like a clip from a movie. So far I can only pick out someone saying "Hey there!" "Hey!" ...(some other stuff)... "What are you talking about?"

It's really weird but you can hear if you try. I first noticed it last night when I was stoned and I wasn't sure if I really heard it. But I'm positive now. And also, I think there are voices in reverse during the "So good to see you once again, I thought that you were hiding, you thought that I had run away, chasing the tail of dogma."

I listened to the song again after I noticed that, but I wasn't able to pick any more voices. I don't think there is a whole lot to be gained from this aesthetically, but it kind of neat.

newmoon2112
07-14-2004, 02:52 PM
I hear the voices and like you,they are more noticable when stoned.Listen to Pushit when he sings"...persuade you another way".During the long note on "way...",you can hear a sound like Maynard's stool move while he was possibly sitting or leaning during this vocal track.