PDA

View Full Version : 1991 Demo tape 72826

J.Lee.Harold
06-03-2013, 02:12 PM
Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum...I saw Tool perform in April 1992 opening for rollins band at CBGB NYC. I also saw them later that same week at a small club in Newark NJ called the Pipeline. That week I purchased the demo tape, which I still own. I have received a few offers lately and have passed on them because from what I understand this demo is somewhat rare. Does anyone have any insight as far a fair value for this demo? Its in very good shape, both the cassette and the insert. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks...J-

lotus.
06-03-2013, 02:21 PM
seeing as there are only up to 200 original copies of 72826, i'd say the fair market price is what someone is willing to pay for it.

there's 2 for sale on amazon atm. 1 new for $999 and one used for $499.

hellboy1975
06-03-2013, 02:29 PM
It's worth nothing that there's quite a few of these that have appeared on Ebay lately that some feel are of pretty dubious origin. I think the quotes lotus gives for prices are about right for the real thing.

J.Lee.Harold
06-03-2013, 03:11 PM
Wow, thanks for the speedy replies. Yes, I've seen the one on Amazon, I think $999 is unbelievable. As far as authenticity, I guess that's tricky when buying something like a tape. One guy that was put in touch with me about it wanted to know how I could prove it was real, and I told him that I guess I can't. I bought the thing at a show when i was 18 yrs old, just like I bought all the other demos, t-shirts and records and cd's from the many shows I attended back then. I had never even heard of Tool when I went to CB's. I was there to see Rollins. Needless to say I was blown away by Tool, and went to see them every time they came through NY area from 92 through probably 96. My tape is real, I bought it & have had it ever since. I will probably hang on to it unless the right situation presents itself...Thanks again for the feedback.