PDA

View Full Version : Dimensions & Chromosomes

Kid B
11-09-2003, 08:58 AM
Let me explain the significance that I think dimensions and chromosomes have in this great song. First off, we don't know how many dimensions there are, but we see in 3D and think that time could be the fourth dimension.
Everything is vibrating. As Bill Hicks says, 'matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration'. At this stage in our evolution our eternal conciousness is tuned to this dense, physical level and we see solids. We do this because the vibrations in the matter are moving slowly, so they appear solid. As we evolve and go on to the next dimension, the vibrations go faster and faster. We cannot see what is going on in other dimensions as our consciousness is not tuned to their vibrational frequency. As we evolve more and more the vibrations go quicker and quicker and matter appears less solid. At the very top there is Oneness were the vibrations are going so quick that there is no matter and everything is connected. We have no physical bodies at this level, it is just pure conciousness.
Now, this is where the chromosomes come in. I don't need to go over it all because the basic concept has been outlined many times before. We are on 44+2 level and the next level to evolve is of course 46+2. As we evolve we move up dimensions up to Oneness.
Now, I do think this is a personal song that Maynard wrote about himself but it could apply to anyone. Personally I think that the whole chromosome thing is just a metaphor and the song is really telling us to step through our fears, our 'shadows' and evolve. If we all did this we could evolve to the ultimate dimension, Oneness, were the vibrations are so quick that it is just pure conciousness. I think the 46&2 part should'nt be taken literally, its just a metaphor for how we can all evolve to the 'next level' and in doing so make the next step to Oneness.
This is a great song and I hope I have explained myself clearly. What do you think?

quasiperiodica
05-29-2004, 07:09 PM
Let me explain the significance that I think dimensions and chromosomes have in this great song. First off, we don't know how many dimensions there are, but we see in 3D and think that time could be the fourth dimension.
Everything is vibrating. As Bill Hicks says, 'matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration'. At this stage in our evolution our eternal conciousness is tuned to this dense, physical level and we see solids. We do this because the vibrations in the matter are moving slowly, so they appear solid. As we evolve and go on to the next dimension, the vibrations go faster and faster. We cannot see what is going on in other dimensions as our consciousness is not tuned to their vibrational frequency. As we evolve more and more the vibrations go quicker and quicker and matter appears less solid. At the very top there is Oneness were the vibrations are going so quick that there is no matter and everything is connected. We have no physical bodies at this level, it is just pure conciousness.
Now, this is where the chromosomes come in. I don't need to go over it all because the basic concept has been outlined many times before. We are on 44+2 level and the next level to evolve is of course 46+2. As we evolve we move up dimensions up to Oneness.
Now, I do think this is a personal song that Maynard wrote about himself but it could apply to anyone. Personally I think that the whole chromosome thing is just a metaphor and the song is really telling us to step through our fears, our 'shadows' and evolve. If we all did this we could evolve to the ultimate dimension, Oneness, were the vibrations are so quick that it is just pure conciousness. I think the 46&2 part should'nt be taken literally, its just a metaphor for how we can all evolve to the 'next level' and in doing so make the next step to Oneness.
This is a great song and I hope I have explained myself clearly. What do you think?

this is a very good thread, its a wonder no one has replied...it makes me think of language, and its implications upon thought. i think of...why abstract nouns appear to be abstract to us? Fear. Conscience. Hate. Even air feels, sometimes like merely this "fluid" that keeps in constant tact and consistently tuned into this "television show" of 3D. It makes me think that...in greater dimensions, these abstract nouns become very concrete to our understanding...and it also makes me think that something like an abstract painting, which i do a lot of, but, perhaps a painting by Hans Hoffman or Jackson Pollock, would become quite clear as to its meanings, clear as something like the Mona Lisa even. It also makes me think...what if there is a stage in our existence in which we are at second and first dimensions...like in A Wrinkle in Time?? and what about other forms of life? how does their corrolation with this world come into play? what about everything that actuallly takes place and occurs to us? why does this happen? Do all forms of life have a level of consciousness? is instinct a form of consciousness? or is it merely memory in action?

neo_taboolie
05-29-2004, 08:48 PM
I liked what you were saying, Kid B... Just letting go of your thoughts on the issue... So back to what you were saying...

As you said you've got your three basic dimensions and then the possibility of the fourth; which of course is time... Then there may be a fifth dimension, which could be co-existing realities... But sticking to four will do in the basis of this discussion...
As we evolve more and more the vibrations go quicker and quicker and matter appears less solid.
I liked the imagery that I got out of this...
We have no physical bodies at this level, it is just pure conciousness.
As you were saying, this is what Bill Hicks has suggested in his own satirical way... In the end it's a fascinating idea, could instinct be the fundamental basis for such forms of conscious thinking? Could we have taken a wrong turn in our evolutionary paths or is becoming one consciousness merely the basis from which we have evolved from? For some reason I can't decide whether such a world would be evolving fowards or returning to what happened millions of years ago...

Perhaps this is the natural pattern of the ebb and flow of the world... We evolve into the product from which we were created... A conscious being... That said, is this what message is being formed from 46&2?

Change is coming through my shadow.
My shadow's shedding skin
I've been picking
My scabs again.

Who knows whether this in relation to what you're saying... I remember a part in the directors commentary of Starship Troopers (not the best movie I know, but neither is A Wrinkle in Time as far as I know...) where Paul Verhoeven was saying how they wanted to suggest that humans were working on evolving themselves... In the case of the movie it was trying to establish the use of telepathy, or telepathy as a sixth sense if you will...

I just thought about it and the way that if you were to analyse yourself as a human (See my shadow changing...) then you may concentrate on your flaws and ultimately try to evolve them through discipline and strengthening of the mind...

See my shadow changing,
Stretching up and over me.
Soften this old armor.
Hoping I can clear the way
By stepping through my shadow,
Coming out the other side.

Oh well, most of it is just theory... But it's an awesome song and good discussion material at least...