PDA

View Full Version : how I feel about the Patient

Kontrol
12-12-2012, 02:32 AM
This isn't my interpretation or anything, the song is pretty self-explanatory as it is,I just want to express my feelings about it for anyone who happens to decide to read this.
This will get a little personal and mushy so if you're not up for that please stop reading.

First of all, I was introduced to Tool some time in February, I fell in love with them almost instantly, I had heard songs like The Pot, Schism, and Sober on the radio, but they never piqued my interest until I really got into the band.
So anyway, I really started to have feelings for this song during the summer, after the falling out of my first relationship.
Because of the circumstances of our relationship and its end, I was torn apart, and because of it I was in a mental hospital twice for attempted suicides.
Just listening to this song makes me cry, its beautiful, and the way it is sung sounds so sorrowful and STRAINED, like the singer is enduring some great weight, this is a hell of a song to lie face down on your bed, crying your heart out to.
"If there were no rewards to reap, no loving embrace to see me through this tedious path Ive chosen here, I certainly would have walked away by now... *If there were no desire to heal the damaged and broken met along this tedious path* Ive chosen here, I certainly would have walked away by now"
One of the things that has probably saved my life is my nurturing nature, I feel most alive when I am making somebody else feel better about themselves, sometimes I feel like that is my purpose for being here. In the mental hospital, I helped people a lot, I helped a woman who heard voices that tell her to kill herself be able to silence the voices, I helped a young girl who runs away from herself feel good about herself again, and there were others. I would say that I made some of the best friends I have ever had in the hospital.
Tool has been extremely therapeutic for my over-thinking, extremely anxious, unfocused mind.

Please don't judge me, or take this as a cry for help or for attention or some other needy crap, In all honesty I am so much better now, I just wanted to share my feelings about this song and a story with it, besides that, you have no idea what I have been through (definitely WAAAY more than having a heartbreak), just as I have no idea what you have been through.