PDA

View Full Version : Where there's one you're bound to divide it

lepusniveus
12-10-2012, 11:00 PM
i wanna know what's the "one" in this line.
Where there's one you're bound to divide it

--Plenty in this holy garden, silly monkeys,
Where there's one you're bound to divide it.
Right in two.---

i thinkg this "one" means some kinda justice, or a mind.
a mind that he wants to avoid.

i personally think that "non-human being is more like the human."
i mean, most people have their "human nature" to get angry.
and whenever they get angry, i think, "ah. human beings."

so, i think Maynard is calling the human nature as "silly monkey"
and he wants to divide them from him so that he could live peacefully.

and, "angels in the side line again"
just like the very first time of the world,
when Adam and Eve committed their sins,
the angels are just watching them in the side line. like they are never connected to them.
but, "puzzled and amused."
you know,
so after all, Maynard is wanting to go back to the beginning,
before god gave us the Freewill.

his spirit is really nature and pure in this sone,
but apparently hippie.

kmcgypsy
06-03-2013, 09:37 AM
If you get in to the xian stand point of it all i think we could come up with a pretty good paper on this song. like most songs i suppose. i take much of tool in as literal of a sense as possible, if you can look at the world and try to imagine that there is a hidden undertow.

I was just wondering about this song this morning. i think of the division as the two common roads we can go down, the two possibilities for the future of Earth and mankind... Peace or annhilation. These pathways though, in my experience, can create a great confliction, or division, within the soul. but this is something we must come to a sound conclusion on. as for the "one"... i think "oneness" is peace. the current state of things are not peaceful. But who knows.

The opening line really lays out the meaning of the song in my opinion, and the state of the world at present.

Angels on the sideline
Baffled and confused
Father blessed them all with reason
And this is what they choose

War, drug abuse, domestic violence, consumerism, etc etc etc. All the things people choose to do that to those on the outside looking in to their lives, make no sense at all.

ok too much, sorry bye. :)

kmcgypsy
06-07-2013, 07:47 PM
The beauty of this band's lyrics are that they have the strange ability to guide us to further epiphanies... especially if you play it 3 times a day, loudly. Ha, my poor boyfriend. I think I get it now.