PDA

View Full Version : Elvis Lyrics in Live Version?

fathomthepower
11-08-2003, 11:10 AM
I saw tool last year on November 2 in NC and they played the new version of Stinkfist with the breakdown, and Maynard was singing new lyrics during part of the song. After searching the internet for a while, I finally found an mp3 from a show in Oklahoma that had the same version of Stinkfist with the new lyrics as well. From what I can hear, it sounds like he's saying

"caught in a trap
can't walk out
because I love you too much baby"

last nite I was talking to a fellow tool fan i just met and he told me that these are from an Elvis song, which was funny because this past summer i heard a song on the oldies station that had these exact words and were sung to the same melody that Maynard sings them. so in addition to informing you guys of this, i'm trying to see if anybody else knew about this and knows what elvis song it is(i searched for it but couldnt find anything).

hope this isnt all old news and i'm just now getting on board, but curiosity got the best of me

fathomthepower
11-09-2003, 09:57 AM
ok, after doing some more research, i found out that those lyrics are to Elvis's song "Suspicious Minds" and swear to god, maynard sings them to the same melody as the king himself. does anybody else have this mp3 too? i feel like i'm taking crazy pills.

any thoughts as to why mjk would add these specific lyrics to stinkfist?

stavrogin
11-12-2003, 01:53 PM
i download the mp3, what he sings after the line "because i love you too much baby" can you tell?