PDA

View Full Version : speak of the devil

stavrogin
11-06-2003, 04:46 AM
I think that Maynard was suffering from a psychological disorder called obsessive compulsive disorder and in some of his song(sober, h, the patient) his main inspiration was the situations this disorder gets him into and his fighting with it. So here is a site that can explain this situations. Check Out!

http://www.ocdonline.com/articlephillipson3.htm

Venomous voice tempts me, bleeds me
Leaves me cracked and empty
Drags me down like some sweet gravity.

stavrogin
11-06-2003, 06:21 AM
i dont understand what you said man, but i dont fucking mind either.

stavrogin
11-06-2003, 06:55 AM
First of all obsessive compulsive disorder isnt a condition about addiction. It's an anxiety disorder. It's a conditon that you are constantly being anxious about some threat that doesnt really exist so you do some ritualistic behaviors again and again to get reliefed. I think you should know something better before making comments about them.

stavrogin
11-06-2003, 01:31 PM
In obsessive compulsive disorder you can be obsessive about anything and these obsessions can vary. I dont think he has one obsession, i think he is generally an obsessive person. I dont know the reasons for obsessive compulsive disorder. The suspected causes vary from envioremantal casues to genetics. But i could say this, according to Jung the shadow reflects the sides in humans that doesnt fit with society demands, the animal side. So if ones these animal instincts are too much repressed then it turns in itself and start to destroy the repressed person. This disorder's cause may be this. check the song pushit, i think Maynard wrote that song to his father. You still love me still love me pushit on me shit on me. Maybe he was too much pressured in his childhood. This may be the cause. But i dont know i just make guesses. Coming to addiction thing you asked what he was addicted to? And i say it's nothing to do with addiction, again.