PDA

View Full Version : From Malkuth to Binah

Tiphereth
04-11-2012, 12:47 AM
To me this song is about the connection between the lowest part of Malkuth and Binah, from black to Black. In the Queen Scale the colour of Binah is black, and the lowest portion of Malkuth is also black. To quote from Crowley's 777 " The black is the link between the lowest conception, the climax of the degeneration of pure colour in the final assimilation of light, and the black of Binah. It is the lowest part of the daughter which contains in darkness the identity with the Pure Mother, to set her upon whose throne is one definite image of the Great Work.". The song begins with a person who is at the bottom ( I have come curiously close to the end, down Beneath my self-indulgent pitiful hole ) , S/He surrenders (Defeated, I concede and Move closer ) , then the Moon, Binah, brings hope, (The moon tells me a secret ). The track number, 11, also relates to this concept. Any comments?

SLC_Romero
10-24-2012, 08:47 PM
To me this song is about the connection between the lowest part of Malkuth and Binah, from black to Black. In the Queen Scale the colour of Binah is black, and the lowest portion of Malkuth is also black. To quote from Crowley's 777 " The black is the link between the lowest conception, the climax of the degeneration of pure colour in the final assimilation of light, and the black of Binah. It is the lowest part of the daughter which contains in darkness the identity with the Pure Mother, to set her upon whose throne is one definite image of the Great Work.". The song begins with a person who is at the bottom ( I have come curiously close to the end, down Beneath my self-indulgent pitiful hole ) , S/He surrenders (Defeated, I concede and Move closer ) , then the Moon, Binah, brings hope, (The moon tells me a secret ). The track number, 11, also relates to this concept. Any comments?

Interesting, all of what you said is unknown/unfamilar to me except I know who is Crowley and have an ignorant breadth of his thought. On first thought of your thread, I imagine his beliefs could be considered as much a crock of shit as some might call of the stories in the bible. However you comsume the meaning of the song from this view point; and who am i to say you are wrong. However I think that this song is potentially much more transcendantal than the confines of Crowley's imagination. Personally I consume and relate to this song on a personal and spiritual level; same as you possibly do. It takes me both to my past, and my hope for my future. If any members of TOOL read this I would just like to thank them for all the help your music has provided for education progression. Honestly, I cant read and listen to music, but I can pump out my mathematics and other sciences all the damn day long while listening.Thank You

jelkin
10-25-2012, 12:11 AM
wow -- you guys need to do some *serious* reading... this song is definitely not about Crowley, or any of his rantings. its quite clear about what this song concerns. I won't go much further than that (the Truth is never told, but realized). Do yourselves a favor, read the Bhagavad Gita, some Krishna Das, or if your just beginning your spiritual quest, begin with that goofy ass Ram Dass (start with 'Paths to God') and begin to meditate. Soon, you might begin to separate your ego from from your Self or "crucify the ego" if you will :)
This song gives me goosebumps with its utter beauty and universal link to our struggle with separating our actions from desired outcomes. I hope all of you may soon enter into the void and realize the million light reflection. :)
Crowley... REALLY?? I wouldn't take the toolband.com news page too literally guys.

Merkabalove
10-26-2012, 10:49 PM
I enjoy your sarcasm leefnas