PDA

View Full Version : The riff at 3:37

I Feed On Life
01-25-2012, 11:34 AM
I've been browsing through the net and I feel like I'm the only one who absolutely loves the riff at 3:37 of this song. It has a really trippy, stonerish, psychedelic feel to it.

Does anyone agree?

AcidDoom
01-27-2012, 02:46 PM
It's a bit trippy...your right. But unfortunately too short of a riff. Wish it continued to a psychedelic jam!

Michał
02-02-2012, 03:47 AM
It does continue into a psychodelic jam, doesn't it? In an absolutely delightful manner at it. I was always amazed by how Danny backs it up on drums! If an album like Undertow came out today, it would surely blow my mind.

Angel on the Sideline
02-02-2012, 07:18 AM
While I'm thrilled to see something off the Undertow album being discussed, I don't get the fascination with this particular "riff." Really, doesn't it simply serve as a transition?

iAMtheMA!
02-02-2012, 09:27 AM
transition riffs are nothing to speak of, let alone be fascinated with.

I Feed On Life
02-02-2012, 08:49 PM
Nothing to drool over, I mean, I'm just saying it's fun as hell to listen to. Even if it is a transition.

iAMtheMA!
02-02-2012, 09:17 PM
(i was mocking the previous post ...which^ sounded kinda smug and short-changing ...maybe it's me, i might just be a cynical bastard again)

i actually think it is something to drool over ...it's some sweet beautiful music, AND an important part of the music we've come to know to love to hate or something (couldn't care to keep track).

growth healing evolution change transmutation - again it's music, those are even their themes - every sound tool creates is more 'transition' than "riff" (smug quotes), but what would that word even mean here? what, it serves only to bring you from the middle eu-phor-ia-a part to that more sped up 0h12h15:D/A/d/A/D/A/d/A:12\0 ending riff? if that's the argument, then i don't get it. the music at 3:37 is especially juicy because its lead-in timing demands all punches and notes to be heard/felt, even waited on and anticipated. the inbetween black silences screeeeeeam volumes. i love it. fits perfectly.