11-04-2003, 09:59 PM
http://www.occultforums.com/viewtopic.php?t=3041

hmm?

AllforUnity
11-06-2003, 12:06 PM
Interesting...

Choise
11-11-2003, 03:13 AM
Haha very good...if anyone has read the book Faust then I think they will probibly get this song on this level without much difficulty. For those of you not familiar with the book it was writted by Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe in segments starting in the year 1790. It is basically a book based on the same theme as the book of Job in the Bible.
This book is about the devil and god making a bet with each other that the human Faust will not stray from God in the end he will "go to heaven" basically. Even though God knows all and sees all the Devil makes a deal with him anyway which says a lot for the devil but anyway. In the second chapter (Night) Faust summons up the earth spirit and has a conversation which ends by the spirit saying (translated by Peter Salm)
"You're like the spirit that you grasp. You're not like me.(the spirit vanashes" I have also seen it translated "You match the spirit which you comprehend, not me."
See Faust says that he is the same as the earth spirit but he is nothing like it however what he as a human can comprehend of the spirit he is like so he believes they are the same when in rality they are not. Later in the chapter (Faust's Study) the devil is not able to leave the room because of the pentagram over the door so Faust believes here and even more throughout the rest of the book that he is supperior to the devil (i.e. Mephistopheles)
This really is a great book if you want something Great and German to read. And please don't give me crap about it being about God because ITS NOT...and if you don't see that then you are obviously missing the point of the book.

yllwcrystlstr
11-12-2003, 09:51 PM
Haha very good...if anyone has read the book Faust then I think they will probibly get this song on this level without much difficulty. For those of you not familiar with the book it was writted by Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe in segments starting in the year 1790. It is basically a book based on the same theme as the book of Job in the Bible.
This book is about the devil and god making a bet with each other that the human Faust will not stray from God in the end he will "go to heaven" basically. Even though God knows all and sees all the Devil makes a deal with him anyway which says a lot for the devil but anyway. In the second chapter (Night) Faust summons up the earth spirit and has a conversation which ends by the spirit saying (translated by Peter Salm)
"You're like the spirit that you grasp. You're not like me.(the spirit vanashes" I have also seen it translated "You match the spirit which you comprehend, not me."
See Faust says that he is the same as the earth spirit but he is nothing like it however what he as a human can comprehend of the spirit he is like so he believes they are the same when in rality they are not. Later in the chapter (Faust's Study) the devil is not able to leave the room because of the pentagram over the door so Faust believes here and even more throughout the rest of the book that he is supperior to the devil (i.e. Mephistopheles)
This really is a great book if you want something Great and German to read. And please don't give me crap about it being about God because ITS NOT...and if you don't see that then you are obviously missing the point of the book.

i've seen the really old black and white film Faust. Havent yet watched the stopmotion version...

AllforUnity
12-04-2003, 07:55 AM
Neither have I.