PDA

View Full Version : I'm Positive

josh
12-12-2002, 09:12 PM
I don't know about any one else who has been to a Tool show, but I swear the Justin Chancellor looked directly into my eyes and smiled.

I have no idea why but this made be about the happiest person alive. To think, that i communicated (on a strange level) with one of the greatest bands of all time.

I know it sounds strange, but know I have seen one of my idols in the flesh, I sort of know how the teenie boppers feel when they see Britney Spears lip sync one of her classics.

I'm positive this happened. It must have happened to some one else. If it did, how did it make you feel?

Ahnijson_films
12-13-2002, 01:34 AM
I had something of a similar experience when I saw TooL the last show in Beaumont TX. Unfortunately, it wasn't with any members of TooL, it was with Meshuggah. Now honestly (and please no one take this as an not-positive thing) I'm not the biggest fan of Meshuggah and had never heard of them before. But this show (only during opening act) I was in a position where I'm pretty sure the lead singer of Meshuggah could see me... and he made eye contact with me a few times. And although it wasn't anything nearly as cool as if any of the TooL boys had looked at me... I get what you're saying. It was like... an odd connection and you realized that hey, they're human, and they're up there for me. To inspire me and make me feel something good. They're there for themselves too, but a lot for me. And that was neat.

SkinnyWhiteGuy
12-18-2002, 09:32 PM
Yeah, dude, I saw them in Atlanta. I was pretty close to the stage for a while and I am certain that Justin looked up and saw me. He didn't smile, he just kind of looked at me. It was a couple seconds, though, more than could be considered a "glance." It made my week.

I agree with the other respondant and yourself. It really added a different dimension to what I was experiencing. It was sort of like seeing somebody you haven't seen in a long time but have thought about a lot. That may not make sense, but, you know.

iammeapparently
12-19-2002, 09:29 PM
I saw tool in October and stayed after to see if I could meet them. I guess they were in a hurry to leave because they had everything packed and ready to go by about 12:30 am, and left soon after. I had a feeling they weren't going to come out and meet the fans, so before they left, I went up behind a railing behind their tour bus and waited for them to come out. The only two that I saw were Danny and Adam. I tried to get Danny's attention, but he was talking and kissing this girl. So he didn't hear me. Adam on the other hand, came out by himself and I yelled, "HI," and he looked at me and waved, then got on the bus. If I hadn't just seen Tool live, this would've totally been the highlight of my month. It just seemed kind of weird to me. I mean, I've been listening to Tool, and getting all these things from their music that have evoked a lot of thought in me. Then one night, a part of a that , waves at me and knows that I am person( for about a whole second), and it kind of made me think, "wow, I really must have no life to be so happy over some person just acknowledging my existance." That was the extent of my thinking on the subject until I read this thread and decided to share.